Health Care Devices (DEV) WG
The Health Care Devices (DEV) working group seeks to coordinate and facilitate the integration of health care devices to ensure interoperability and harmonization of data within healthcare entities, enabling more efficient and accurate processing of device-related data and ultimately resulting in improved patient safety and quality of care.
To coordinate and facilitate the integration of health care devices to ensure interoperability and harmonization of data within healthcare entities by:
To accomplish this integration, the working group is actively engaged in...
- Establishing standardized version 2.x and version 3 messaging profiles to support health care device interoperability at the enterprise level
- Harmonizing device data models between HL7 and other organizations including ISO/IEEE 11073
- Harmonizing and coordinating device terminology usage within HL7 components
- Support revision and harmonization of the Clinical and Laboratory Standards Institute (CLSI ) Point of Care Test (POCT) and laboratory automation standards
- General coordination and harmonization between HL7 and other national and international organizations involved in health care device informatics and interoperability
Please join the Health Care Devices list server to receive WG status updates and participate in the group's activities.
Work Group Documents
See also: Health Care Devices WG on www.HL7.org
Note: This group was formerly (pre-2005) known as LAPOCT.
The DEV WG supports a number of individual and joint projects:
- NOTE: this project is being replaced by a new DEV WG FHIR PSS 2016 Summer
- Detailed Clinical Models for Medical Devices (DCM-MD) - Primary lead Patient Care.
Recent web meetings
- HCD_2017-08-23 No meeting
Work Group Meetings
Next Working Group Meeting
Previous Working Group Meetings
Given the strong partnership between the DEV WG and other organizations, the following links may also be of interest:
- IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society (EMBS) 11073 Working Group for Medical Device Communication.
- Clinical and Laboratory Standards Institute (CLSI) POCT Area Committee and Laboratory Automation Area Committee
- World Health Organization eHealth Standardization Coordination Group (WHO eHSCG)
- Integrating the Healthcare Enterprise Patient Care Device Domain (IHE PCD)