Return to Clinical Decision Support Work Group
We migrated from this wiki page to the Confluence page on May 1, 2019.
The Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resources (FHIR) Resources for Evidence-Based Medicine (EBM) Knowledge Assets project (EBMonFHIR) was approved on May 16, 2018 as an HL7 project.
EBMonFHIR is sponsored by the Clinical Decision Support Work Group and co-sponsored by the Clinical Quality Information Work Group and Biomedical Research and Regulation Work Group.
The goal of EBMonFHIR is to provide interoperability (standards for data exchange) for those producing, analyzing, synthesizing, disseminating and implementing clinical research (evidence) and recommendations for clinical care (clinical practice guidelines).
This page will be updated soon with details about how to get involved and stay informed. In the meantime if you want to get involved and stay informed email email@example.com
The first EBMonFHIR track was held at the FHIR Connectathon on September 29-30, 2018. The second EBMonFHIR Connectathon track was held January 12-13, 2019. The next EBMonFHIR Connectathon track will be held on May 4-5, 2019 in Montreal.
- Video 1 - Introduction to FHIR and Evidence Based Medicine [7 minutes]
- Video 2 - EBMonFHIR and the Statistic resource in detail [36 minutes]
- We meet twice a week on Tuesdays at 4:00pm (ET) that's FHIR/Technology-focused and Thursdays at 9:00am (ET) that's EBM/Research-focused.
- Tuesday's Webex Meeting and Thursday's Webex Meeting
- Password: EBMonFHIR
- Google group mailing list: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/ebmonfhir
- Introduction to EBMonFHIR Document
- We decided on April 2, 2019 we created the Statistic resource that replaces the Evidence resource where it has all the same elements but they are no longer nested. At some point we have to create a bundle of related Statistic resources, and the "name" Evidence resource may become a specification for that bundle.
- EBMonFHIR Google Drive
- JSON Tree View of Statistic
- Statistic resource FHIR build in ClinicalProfiles
- EvidenceVariable resource FHIR build in ClinicalProfiles
- Group resource in FHIR
Blank Resources (Templates)
- Blank Statistic Resource Entry Form
- Blank Group Resource Entry Form
- Blank EvidenceVariable Resource Entry Form
Artur's Data Example using Sublingual Specific Immunotherapy
- Artur's Data Table Example
- Artur's Statistic Example 01 - (Comparative Statistic) and in XML format.
- Artur's Group and EvidenceVariable Examples (Will be re-worked): Group "Allergic Rhinitis", Group "Sublingual Immunotherapy", Group "No Sublingual Immunotherapy", EvidenceVariable "Quality of Life", EvidenceVariable "Withdrawal due to adverse effect"
Linn's Data Example using Outcomes from Patients with Sepsis using Corticosteroids
Other Examples (Work In Progress)
- Lisa's Data Table Example → Currently in the process of converting to EBMonFHIR JSON
Conference Call Recordings and Repository
- 2018-12-07 Notes Video Recording
- 2018-12-14 Notes Video Recording
- 2018-12-21 Notes Video Recording
- 2018-12-28 Notes Video Recording
- 2019-01-04 Notes Video Recording
- 2019-01-11 Notes
- 2019-01-25 Notes Video Recording
- 2019-02-01 Notes Video Recording
- 2019-02-08 Notes Video Recording
- 2019-02-15 Notes Video Recording
- 2019-02-22 Notes Video Recording
- 2019-03-01 Notes Video Recording
- 2019-03-08 Notes Video Recording
- 2019-03-15 Notes Video Recording
- 2019-03-22 Notes Video Recording
- 2019-03-26 Notes Video Recording
- 2019-03-28 Notes Video Recording
- 2019-04-02 Notes Video Recording
- 2019-04-04 Notes Video Recording
- 2019-04-09 Notes Video Recording
- 2019-04-11 Notes Video Recording
- 2019-04-16 Notes Video Recording
- 2019-04-18 Notes Video Recording
- 2019-04-23 Notes Video Recording
- 2019-04-25 Notes Video Recording
- 2019-04-30 Notes Video Recording
We migrated from this wiki page to the Confluence page on May 1, 2019. No new meeting notes will be posted to this wiki page.
The CDS, CQI, and BRR WGs and FHIR management group approved the draft PSS in May of 2018. The next step will be the connectathon in May 2019.