DeviceLog FHIR Resource Proposal
Replace by DeviceComponent_FHIR_Resource_Proposal
- 1 DeviceLog
- 1.1 Owning committee name
- 1.2 Contributing or Reviewing Work Groups
- 1.3 FHIR Resource Development Project Insight ID
- 1.4 Scope of coverage
- 1.5 RIM scope
- 1.6 Resource appropriateness
- 1.7 Expected implementations
- 1.8 Content sources
- 1.9 Example Scenarios
- 1.10 Resource Relationships
- 1.11 Timelines
- 1.12 gForge Users
Owning committee name
Contributing or Reviewing Work Groups
FHIR Project Team
FHIR Resource Development Project Insight ID
Scope of coverage
The device capabilities and log resources are used when communicating with a device, either directly or indirectly via a proxy (usually the second). When a channel is opened with the device or it's proxy, it first sends the Capabilities resource, and then a series of Log resources. The Log resource contains raw data (measurements and status information) in as concise a form as possible.
- The resource is applicable to any device that conforms to ISO 11073-10101.
- Subjects/disciplines = this covers any kind of device that reports status
- location - any
- The scope does not include controlling the device, only receiving ongoing data and status information from the device
An Act, but it appears that we have never modeled this kind of thing - no suitable structural vocabulary appears to exist. It's an observation, but it's a split observation with structured processible information in the capabilities resource.
- This represents a rendition of the current ISO standard in a simpler to use format. There is already standardised data exchange. This resource represents a desire to have a simpler more accessible format for it
- This resource should be understood as a transient structure separating data and metadata that leads to a device observation
- All kinds of devices that report data (or proxy/facades to them)
- ISO 11073-10101.
- IHE device profiles
- ECG device
- wearable glucose monitor
- wireless heartrate monitor
- This resource may reference the standard Subject resources (Patient, Device, Location) for use if the device is aware of it's measurement context.
- The DeviceLog resource may refer to the capabilities statement that describes how it is interpreted (or the reference may be implicit in context)
Ready for ballot for Sept DSTU