Da Vinci PDex-formulary FHIR IG Proposal
- 1 Da Vinci Payer Data exchange drug formulary FHIR IG Proposal
- 1.1 Owning work group name
- 1.2 Committee Approval Date:
- 1.3 Publishing Lead
- 1.4 Contributing or Reviewing Work Groups
- 1.5 FHIR Development Project Insight ID
- 1.6 Scope of coverage
- 1.7 Content location
- 1.8 Proposed IG realm and code
- 1.9 Maintenance Plan
- 1.10 Short Description
- 1.11 Long Description
- 1.12 Involved parties
- 1.13 Expected implementations
- 1.14 Content sources
- 1.15 Example Scenarios
- 1.16 IG Relationships
- 1.17 Timelines
- 1.18 When IG Proposal Is Complete
- 1.19 FMG Notes
Da Vinci Payer Data exchange drug formulary FHIR IG Proposal
Owning work group name
Committee Approval Date:
Contributing or Reviewing Work Groups
Financial Management, Attachments
FHIR Development Project Insight ID
Scope of coverage
This guide will define the exchange methods and interoperability "standards" and specific use of FHIR resources to support Health Plan member-authorized exchange of Health Plan drug formulary information for members and third-party applications.
Proposed IG realm and code
The Da Vinci project intends to provide ongoing support of this implementation guide.
API-based data exchange to Third-Party Applications via Member-authorized sharing of Health Plan's Prescription Drug Formulary.
The PDex-formulary FHIR IG will support the following scenario:
Secure Member-authorized Exchange of information between Payers and Third-Party Applications using OAuth2.0 and FHIR APIs for information sharing via API of a Health Plan's Prescription Drug Formulary.
May support the unsecured exchange of some formulary data as determined by detailed requirements analysis
This implementation guide has been developed by U.S. Payer organizations as part of the Da Vinci project.
Requirements are drawn from payer and provider organizations as part of the Da Vinci initiative.
1. An Authenticated Member at a Health Plan will be able to use an OAuth2.0 authorization to permit a Third-Party Application to access the Health Plan's FHIR API to read the Plan's Prescription Drug Formulary.
2. An unauthenticated third party may have access to the formulary (based on final requirements)
This guide will reference, where possible the "standards" defined by the Da Vinci Health Record exchange (HRex) Framework Implementation Guide which in turn will utilize prior work from Argonaut, US Core, and QI Core efforts for FHIR DSTU2, STU3, and R4.
This Guide will also be referenced by the Da Vinci Payer Data Exchange (PDex) Implementation Guide and will in turn reference the Validated Healthcare Directory Implementation Guide.
Submit for STU Ballot 2019 Sep Early Ballot
When IG Proposal Is Complete
When you have completed your proposal, please send an email to FMGcontact@HL7.org