Clinical Oncology Treatment Plan and Summary
Return to SDWG page.
Wiki page supporting collaborative work on the Clinical Oncology Treatment Plan and Summary.
Electronic health records (EHRs) often contain data that cannot be shared among providers or contributed to research, quality or public health reporting. Current exchange specifications do not include the disease-specific templates required for continuity of care for cancer patients. This project augments access to and reuse of the information already available in some electronic form through development of cancer-specific data standard.
April 30th, 2015 - DSTU Release 2.1 - Available for Comments
An update has been made to the HL7 Implementation Guide for CDA® Release 2:
Clinical Oncology Treatment Plan and Summary, Release 1 - US Realm
Draft Standard for Trial Use (DSTU) 2.
The update is available to HL7 members on the Structured Documents Work Group page: http://www.hl7.org/Special/committees/structure/index.cfm The package is named CDAR2_IG_CLONDATA_R1_D2_1_2015_APR
As a DSTU update, this version will not go through the usual HL7 balloting process. It uses the DSTU Update process with industry review on the HL7 wiki.
The full list of changes in this release is documented in the update and can be summarized as:
|Item||Summary||DSTU Comment #||Link to full DSTU Comment|
|1||Incorporation of new code for use in the Colon TNM Category 2.16.840.1.1138220.127.116.11.3.54 template. And, refine the National Cancer Institute (NCI) Common Toxicity Criteria Adverse Event (CTCAE) value set (2.16.840.1.113818.104.22.168.35) to include new codes and clarify the set of concepts to be included. Change the name of the value set to align with the refined purpose. New value set name is "Neuropathy at end of treament grade" to align with the Colon Cancer Adjuvant Treatment Plan and Summary form.||600||comment link|
During the two week comment period running from May 4, 2015 through May 18th, 2015, please submit your comments here: Comments Page including at least your name, item, existing wording, proposed wording, and comment. Thank you.
- Current draft IG: no draft IG under development
Developing Draft Sample File
- Current Sample: no draft samples under development
- HL7 Project Scope Statement from Fall 2012 (To be updated for Spring 2013 Ballot): File:HL7 Project Scope Statement v2012 ASCO Data Standards.9.20.12.docx
- ASCO Treatment Plans and Summaries forms: File:ASCO forms combined.xlsx
- Slide decks for SDWG Clinical Oncology Treatment Plan CDA IG Ballot development meetings:
- Current slide deck as of 05-Feb-2013 File:ASCO IG Stakeholder Meeting 20130205.pptx
Pertinent CDA Guides
- Consolidated CDA Implementation Guide: http://www.hl7.org/implement/standards/product_brief.cfm?product_id=258
- National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion Division of Cancer Prevention and Control Implementation Guide for Ambulatory Healthcare Provider Reporting to Central Cancer Registries: http://www.cdc.gov/phin/library/guides/Implementation_Guide_for_Ambulatory_Healthcare_Provider_Reporting_to_Central_Cancer_Registries_August_2012.pdf
Other Pertinent Material
- HL7 Clinical Genomics Family History Model R2 - US Realm Implementation http://www.hl7.org/implement/standards/product_brief.cfm?product_id=8
- 29-Jan-2013 File:ASCO IG Meeting Minutes 20130129.docx
- 05-Feb-2013 File:ASCO IG Meeting Minutes 20130205.docx
- 12-Feb-2013 - meeting canceled
- 14-Feb-2013 File:ASCO IG Meeting Minutes 20130214.docx
- 19-Feb-2013 File:ASCO IG Meeting Minutes 20130219.docx
- 26-Feb-2013 File:ASCO IG Meeting Minutes 20130226.docx