2018-09-18 BR&R Conf Call

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Attendees

  • Hugh Glover (Co-Chair)
  • Ed Helton (Co-Chair/Scribe)
  • Boris Brodski (Co-Chair/Scribe)
  • Myron Finseth (Co-Chair)
  • Robinette Renner
  • Andy Iverson
  • Abdullah Rafiqi
  • Gary Saner
  • Gayathri Jayawardena
  • Jane Pollack
  • Julia Chan
  • Julie Evans
  • Norman Gregory
  • Ulli Wagner
  • Bill Gregory
  • Bill Friggle
  • Rachael Roan
  • Catherine Hosage Norman
  • Rik Smithies
  • Wendy Ver Hoef
  • Ron Fitzmartin

Agenda Items and notes

1. Minutes Approval

1.1 Last conference call

Approved: Julie Evans motioned to approve, Bill Gregory seconded the motion

2. Project and PSS Review and Approval

Key Dates

Publishing Calendar
FHIR All FHIR Deadlines


2.1 #1426 Women’s Health Technology Coordinated Registry Network (CRN)

Project Insight Link
Working area on confluence

No updates

2.2 #1425 CDISC Lab Semantics in FHIR

Project Insight Link
Working area on confluence

According to Christie, the model appears ready for the Connectathon

2.3 #1424 Common Data Model Harmonization (CDMH) - FHIR Implementation Guide

Project Insight Link

No updates

2.4 #1416 Exploration of FHIR resources to support of IDMP 11238/19844 Substances Standard and Technical Specification.

Project Insight Link
Working area on Confluence

Continuing to work on on the resources, preparing for discussion with Pharmacy
FMG feedback: Extensive scope; need to focus on specific area such as devices

2.5 #1310 BRIDG Model Update (BRIDG Release 5.2 /HL7 BRIDG R5 is being updated)

Project Insight Link

 No known issues

3. FHIR

===3.1 FHIR Tracker Items===

Current BR&R Open Items

All FHIR Tracker Items

Hugo Leroux was unavailable to join and talk on the subject de-identification tracker; presentation postponed

3.2 Connectathon Tracks

Proposals

ConMan

Working on having servers organized
Testing can be performed on ConMan, allows to participate without writing code

3.3 Retiring SDC-DE Implementation Guide

Email from FMG

The SDC-DE implmentation guide was last published as STU in April, 2017.  It will expire next April.
While there has been interest in (and significant progress in) updating the main SDC implementation guide, focused on Questionnaire, 
 there has not (yet) been any interest expressed in updating the corresponding "data element" implementation guide which focuses on how 
to use FHIR to support the sharing of data element definitions between registries.  To the    best of our knowledge, there have not been 
any implementations of the original implementation guide.

Given the timeframe needed to update and enhance the existing implementation guide and take it to ballot (which would need to happen for 
the May ballot cycle), the FHIR-I work group is soliciting interest in updating and advancing the SDC-DE implementation guide.  
After the Baltimore WGM, the FHIR-I work group will make a final determination on the future of the IG - either to inform the 
TSC of our intention to retire and withdraw that implementation guide or to initiate a PSS for a revised version.

Please let me know if you would be interested in keeping the IG around.
SDC has two implementation guides, for the questionnaire itself and data elements
The data elements one has been retired, making the IG that references it useless
No apparent interest in continuing the development and maintenance of the IG from the original SDC group 
Julie Evans made a motion to withdraw, Bill Gregory seconded
Hugh will check on the ownership, and BR&R will either withdraw (if owned by us) or otherwise indicate our lack of interest in maintenance

4. Action Item List

Link to list

5. AOB

Co-chair slides: Project leads will provide brief inputs
Tue, Q4: Will reach out to CIMI to make sure they are available to attend
Wed, Q2: Need to determine the item to bring to the O&O joint meeting, and the agenda for the core group (substance and devices are areas of common interest)