2018-02-13 BR&R Conf Call

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Attendees

  • Boris Brodsky (Co-chair, Scribe)
  • Myron Finseth (Co-chair)
  • Hugh Glover (Co-chair)
  • Ed Helton (Co-chair)
  • Nagesh Basham
  • Julia Chan
  • Julie Evans
  • Bill Friggle
  • Norman Gregory
  • Smita Hastak
  • Catherine Hosage Norman
  • Ginny Hussong
  • Wendy Ver Hoef
  • Mead Walker
  • Shifu Zhao

Minutes Approval

  • New Orleans WG meeting minutes will be finalized and uploaded to BR&R site by COB Fri, Feb 16th

Action items handling

  • Forming ad-hoc work groups for each action item
  • Identifying participants interested in committing time to the project
  • Each group provides regular project status to BR&R during a dedicated report-back session at every other BR&R meeting
  • Meeting schedule, call numbers, and deliverables will be publicly available on the HL7 wiki

PSS Review and Approval

BRIDG PSS

  • Submitted on Feb 11
  • Linked up to the O&O work on their bio-specimen DAM
  • Reflects data model harmonization with Sentinel, OMOP, and PCOR (File:PCORTF CDMH Project.pptx)
  • Will be discussed in more detail next meeting

SPL r9 (PQ/CMC) PSS

  • Multiple items in GForge tracker that need to be updated
  • Two outstanding comments re the ResearchStudy and ResearchSubject resources that need to be discussed
  • A link to the tracker will be provided for the next meeting

FHIR

FHIR Tracker Items

  • Multiple items in GForge tracker that need to be updated
  • Two outstanding comments re the ResearchStudy and ResearchSubject resources that need to be discussed
  • A link to the tracker will be provided for the next meeting

IDMP Related Models

  • Participation requested: Hugh, Boris, Mead, Smita, Julie

Lab model in collaboration with TransCelerate

  • TCB is focused on taking CDISC lab model and representing it as FHIR resources, using BRIDG-FHIR mapping
  • Expected to have something produced at the May Connectathon
  • Wayne interested in involving pharma in the FHIR space, BR&R will try to ensure greater participation in the Connectathons
  • Participation requested: Hugh, Boris, Smita, Wendy, Julie
  • BB will reach out to TCB to set up calls

Patient Reported Outcome PSS

  • Presented by ONC contractor Nagesh Basham
  • ONC has a new PCOR-funded initiative, Patient Reported Outcomes (PROs) for research purposes
  • A two-year project, started Oct 2017
  • May not be related to clinical trials
  • The purpose is the PRO definition, administration to patients, and exchange among researchers
  • Sponsored by the FHIR Infrastructure WG, co-sponsored by BR&R and Patient Care; O&O interested
  • FHIR resources: Questionnaire Resource and Response
  • Two pilots in 2018, to be run by EHRQ
  • The output will be an Implementation Guide, preceded by a survey to ensure all needs are covered
  • There are expected to be overlaps with the Structured Data Captured PSS
  • BR&R will review PSS and take a vote to take the responsibility as a co-sponsor at the next meeting, Feb 27, after reviewing the materials in advance (the PSS already uploaded to the FHIR Infrastructure site)
  • BR&R will look into BRIDG model to ensure alignment

Action Items

  • Finalize the decision regarding SPL r9 (PQ/CMC) balloting (Boris)
  • Share the link to the GForge comment tracker (Julie)
  • Set up an IDMP call with Panagiotis/Rik (Boris)
  • Reach out to TCB to set up lab model discussions (Boris)
  • Review the Patient Reported Outcomes PSS to prepare for the co-sponsorship vote (all)

AOB

  • Usage scenarios available under Subgroup Working Documents
  • Wiki site to be used for agendas and minutes
  • Revisions to the Activity model - continuation from WGM (presented by Hugh)