2016-12-07 SGB Conference Call

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

back to Standards Governance Board main page

HL7 SGB Minutes

Location:
https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/538465637

Date: 2016-12-07
Time: 10:00 AM Eastern
Facilitator Paul/Calvin Note taker(s) Anne
Attendee Name


x Calvin Beebe
Lorraine Constable
x Russ Hamm
x Tony Julian
x Paul Knapp
x Austin Kreisler
x Wayne Kubick
Mary Kay McDaniel
Ken McCaslin
x Rik Smithies
x Brian Pech
no quorum definition

Agenda

  • Agenda review
  • Review minutes of 2016-11-30 SGB Conference Call
  • Action Items
    • Lorraine to coordinate with EST regarding old project on gathering comments
    • Paul will pull together SGB precepts defined in recent meetings
    • Paul to raise issue of WG management of artifacts which must be retained to TSC
    • Wayne/Lorraine to reach out to CQI WG to discuss the product that can't be pointed to in the product brief
    • Paul to reach out to Grahame to see if he still has an issue of concern regarding collaboration across product families with shared artifacts
    • Anne to report on any groups not posting minutes on HL7 sites on the next call
  • Discussion Topics
    • WGM planning
    • ISM issue followup after joint meeting with ARB
    • Continue SGB risks document
      • Glossary of terms
  • Parking Lot
    • HL7 Glossary
    • Review WG Health metrics on future call in relation to precept regarding minutes and reconciliation-related materials

Minutes

  • Agenda review
  • Review minutes of 2016-11-30 SGB Conference Call
    • MOTION to approve: Calvin/Austin
    • VOTE: All in favor
  • Action Items
    • Lorraine to coordinate with EST regarding old project on gathering comments
      • Add for next week
    • Paul will pull together SGB precepts defined in recent meetings
      • Add for next week
    • Paul to raise issue of WG management of artifacts which must be retained to TSC
      • Add for next week
    • Wayne/Lorraine to reach out to CQI WG to discuss the product that can't be pointed to in the product brief
      • QUICK model is gone - has been rolled into a FHIR-based approach so this is no longer an issue
    • Paul to reach out to Grahame to see if he still has an issue of concern regarding collaboration across product families with shared artifacts
      • Grahame will come to Q3 SGB meeting on Sunday to discuss.
    • Anne to report on any groups not posting minutes on HL7 sites on the next call
      • Anne notes that there are several groups that are simply not posting minutes at all: Child Health, Learning Health Systems, and International Mentoring. Austin notes that International Mentoring doesn't develop standards. Should have a precept that if you don't post minutes you cannot be developing standards. Wayne asks if there should be a check on the PSS to determine whether or not minutes have been posted.
        • ACTION: Anne to add to precept list that the posting of minutes is a precondition to balloting or publishing specifications.
        • MOTION: a) Precept: WGs must post minutes documenting committee decisions to initiate standards development projects and decisions to ballot, reconcile and publish specifications and b) The SGB recommends to the TSC that the way the precept is measured is through recording the WG's decision in published minutes and the addition of a link pointing to published minutes in the PSS and the publication request. The NIB may use a check box to assert that the WG decision has been minuted and those minutes have or will be published: Austin/Tony
        • VOTE: All in favor
        • ACTION: Anne to add to TSC agenda a note that SGB notes that Child Health and Learning Health Systems are not publishing minutes
      • Russ leaves
  • Discussion Topics
    • WGM planning
      • New for San Antonio: Three quarters on Friday
      • Sunday:
        • Grahame coming
        • Vocabulary precepts (with overflow to Friday)
        • Q3 joint with ARB on ISM
      • Friday
        • General precepts
        • Potential meeting with HTA (Q2)
    • ISM issue followup after joint meeting with ARB
    • Schedule for upcoming weeks
      • Call on the 14th and the 4th, no call on 21th and 28th and 11th
      • ACTION: Anne to send out cancellations
    • Continue SGB risks document
      • Glossary of terms
  • Parking Lot
    • HL7 Glossary
    • Review WG Health metrics on future call in relation to precept regarding minutes and reconciliation-related materials
      • Paul: There is a year to reconcile a given ballot. Calvin: Also people want to take something to ballot without closing the previous one. Precept: The GOM has certain rules which apply precepts which are to be followed. Wayne states the GOM is not manageable for people to go through so we need to pull out essential things that should be highlighted. What are the most critical things people need to know? Paul: Suggestion that somebody should make the sections of the GOM which are relevant to the initiation of projects, the development of standards and the publishing of artifacts known to our standards developers. Calvin suggests perhaps it is better indexed. Paul suggests GOM-lite for WGs to refer to.
        • ACTION: Send problem to TSC that to recommend that co-chairs "read the GOM" is not a successful approach to keep people appraised of our rules. Anne to add to agenda.
      • Paul asks if we should develop precepts to back up the GOM? Calvin would put it at the bottom of the list. Austin: When we identify a precept that traces back to the GOM, we can point it out; those pieces of the GOM that are critical to standards development, we should do those. Paul: As things arise, we'll flush out the precepts for those things.
      • Precept: Standards related GOM materials should be backed up by formal precepts.
      • Policy: Given that there has been substantial work in the development of the materials in the GOM, we'll accept the GOM as the set of rules that we operate under; SGB will formally document the precepts to support those rules as the need arises.


Meeting Outcomes

Actions
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items

© 2016 Health Level Seven® International.