OO CR182-836 - Changes to INV, EQU, and related tables
Return to OO Change Requests page.
|Submitted by: Dmytro Rud||Revision date: <<Revision Date>>|
|Submitted date: 17-Mar-2015||Change request ID: OO CRxxx|
|Standard/IG: Standard||Artifact ID, Name: <<Artifact ID, Name>>|
See  for problem definition and proposal.
- Item 2.
- In messages INR^U06 “Automated Equipment Inventory Request”, fields of the INV segment serve as filtering criteria. From the logical point of view, when no filtering on inventory item ID and/or inventory item status is desired, the corresponding fields INV 1 and INV 2 do not need to be populated. But currently they are required in HL7. It is proposed to make them conditional C(O/R), with the condition that MSH-9 1 equals to “INR” and MSH 9 2 equals to “U06”.
- Due to the backward compatibility requirements defined in Chapter 2.8.2.c.4 " Existing required fields may be made conditional if a new trigger event has been applied. The condition must be specified such that the field remains required for the pre-existing trigger events." Since this is an existing trigger event, this change cannot be made.
- Item 4:
- Segment INV in INR^U06^INR_U06 shall be optional in order to enable queries without filtering on particular inventory item attributes
- Due to the backward compatibility requirements defined in Chapter 2 existing required segments cannot be made optional.
- Do not do anything with table 0451.
- Provide code descriptions for table 0365, change new codes.
May 13, 2015 -Reviewed request and new Inventory Item Type Codes (Table 0384) -Agree with requirement. Suggest changes to proposed solution to clarify role of inventory item type. Patrick Loyd to follow up with submitter.
Recommended Action Items
OO conference call on July 9, 2015: reviewed the latest version of the proposal with 2 new fields named: Equipment State Indicator Type Code using a new HL7nnnn table named Equipment State Indicator Type Code and equipment state indicator value.
Motion to accept as proposed today and move into v2.9 queue - Clem McDonald, Eric Haas - against: 0, abstain: 1, in favor: 12
OO conference call on 16 April 2015:
- has gotten feedback from Vocab, CGIT and OO
- We can rename fields and update tables, Added new codes to HL70365
- Motion to accept: Dmytro, Eric
- Against: 0; Abstain: 7; In Favor: 8