November 3, 2011 Financial Management Work Group Conference Call
- (5 min) - Roll Call, approve September 29 call minutes, call for agenda items
- (25 min)- BH CCD Project updates
- (25 min) - NIEM and APCD Updates
- (5 min) – Review Action Items; adjourn meeting
Update on the Behavioral Health CCD project
- Kathleen reported on the FM BH CCD Project progress. Model is progressing with Ioana’s facilitation. Use cases and vocabulary requirements are being documented in the HL7 Behavioral Health CCD Document . Project participants are gathering behavioral health care documentation and reporting artifacts for the Behavioral Health CCD Project Resource Library including previous work on an Annotated Behavioral Health CCD by Alschuler Associates and Apelon.
The Behavioral Health CCD implementation guide (BH CCD) project stems from a need on the part of the Arizona Department of Health Services Division of Behavioral Health Services to capture patient demographic and assessment data from Behavioral Health providers in their community network.
- Mary Kay discussed details about the recent ONC Standards and Interoperability NIEM work on a healthcare domain. Links to relevant materials:
- ONC S&I NIEM Wiki
- Health Domain Charter and Related Artifacts
- Health Domain Steward Agreement between The National Information Exchange Model (NIEM) Program Management Office (PMO) and the Department of Health and Human Services Office
- Mary Kay also discussed recent efforts of the All Payer Database Council to develop an X12 837 for Encounter Reporting that is progressing rapidly through HL7. Once X12 adopts this implementation guide as a standard, there is potential for it to be mandated in federal legislation as the standard for state reporting of federally funded programs such as Medicaid. Question was raised about how this approach would segment data that cannot be disclosed without patient consent via data segmentation, which X12 transactions do not support at the header, segment, or data element level.
- All-Payer Claims Database Council (APCD)
- All-Payer Claims Databases: State Initiatives to Improve Health Care Transparency
- All Payer Claims Database and Health Information Exchange ARRA Opportunities and Challenges
Mary Kay to send out links, schedule next call, and develop agenda. Kathleen to publish minutes for this meeting.
Meeting was adjourned at 3PM Eastern
Next meeting scheduled for Thursday November 17, 2:00 PM Eastern Conference Call Coordinates:
- Audio: +1 770-657-9270, Code: 451256
- Please join the web meeting: https://www1.gotomeeting.com/join/1675057 Meeting ID: 167-505-736
- The biweekly Financial Management work group call will continue every other Thursday as planned (next meeting: October 6th at 2 PM Eastern)
Return to FM WG Wiki