MnM Minutes CC 20090320
Jump to navigation Jump to search
M&M Conference Call Noon Eastern Time (Date above)
- Lloyd McKenzie
- Woody Beeler
- Austin Kreisler
- Andy Stechishin
- Bernard Jackson
- Craig Parker
- Dave Carlson
- Gregg Seppala
- Patrick Loyd
- Ioana Singureanu
- Galen Mulrooney
- Mead Walker
- Dale Nelson
- Adam Flinton
- Graphical Representation of RMIMs (continued)
- We will review any MnM harmonization proposals next week.
Graphical Representation of RMIMs
- Two questions to answer today:
- Will we support multiple formats?
- What graphical format(s) will be acceptable?
Will we support multiple formats?
- Gregg asked if the agreed upon formats would be used for services. The response was that the current discussion only concerns diagrams
- Mead stated that it would probably be best to have one format so people reading the models would only have to understand one representation.
- Ioana asked if the RIM would be represented in the agreed upon format. This question was deemed to be out of scope for today's discussion.
- We did a straw poll of preferred formats (people could vote for more than one format). There were 7 votes for A, 8 votes for B, and 1 vote for C.
- Both A and B require on standardized graphical format, but B also allows for the publishing of additional formats.
- As use cases were discussed there seemed to be a consensus toward option B.
- Woody questioned about whether alternate formats are really needed for normative ballots. Not having alternate formats in the normative material would NOT prevent them from being used in other settings.
- From a methodology perspective, we agree to support multiple formats.
- We will seek publishing's input on how to support alternate formats.
What graphical format(s) will be acceptable?
- Lloyd discussed some of the issues around representing choices in other formalisms such as UML.
- Dave discussed the value of being consistent with UML to take advantage of OTS UML tools.
- Woody pointed out how valuable it is to have all of the semantics possible represented in a graphical view for review in the ballot, and having good tools supporting the creation of this view.
- This discussion will be continued on the wiki and on next week's call.
- Austin will conduct a straw poll of preference in the meantime.