This wiki has undergone a migration to Confluence found Here
<meta name="googlebot" content="noindex">

Implementation concall notes 20070125

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Implementation Committee Conference Call - January 25, 2007

  • Reviewed the action items for the planned merger with the Conformance SIG. These are the agreed-to action items:
    • Agree on a name: See ImpConf_Mission_and_Charter for suggestions Motion approved (Rene/Helen: 6-0-1) to call the merged committee the Implementation Committee. This is a recommendation of the current Implementation Committee and does not reflect the view of the Conformance SIG.
    • Confirm proposed charter ImpConf_Mission_and_Charter Motion approved (Helen/Lisa: 7-0-0) to accept this text as the mission statement for the merged committee “The mission of the HL7 ImpConf [new name to replace] committee is to support all post-publication activities of users of the standards. This includes the localization of HL7 standards to suit specific real-world situations, the creation of implementation guides and the mechanism to specify conformance. “ The approved motion does not reflect the view of the Conformance SIG. We are all encouaged to participate in the drafting of the Charter statement found on the wiki. Would like to try and get Charter approved at next Implementation Committee meeting (Feb 8th).
    • Decide Co-chair arrangements. If we go for more than the current 3 co-chairs, we'll need to have a good justification for having those. The current ConformanceSIG co-chairs are in favor of having 4, given the scope/workload of the merged committee.
    • Seek formal support from MnM for the change of status of the Conformance SIG. MnM is OK with the SIG becoming a TC, need to find motion in MnM minutes. 20070125: Lisa has the action item to check the minutes.
    • Seek formal endorsement from the Board for the change in status of the IMplementation COmmittee. We have verbal OK from the board. INM has adopted a motion during the San Diego WGM that the Java SIG (of which INM is currently the parent TC) may opt to switch its parent TC to the newly created TC.
    • Seek ARB approval for charter. Make sure we have 1 atomic motion which has the end effect of creating a new TC with the new charter.
    • Request TSC agenda time at the May meeting.

  • Implementation Case Studies Tutorial at May WGM May 2007 WGM: Planning V3 Implementation Case Studies
    • There will be a day long implementation workshop. A call for presentations will be sent out to various list (lists - including structured documents (for CDA), international, implementation, others TBD). Charlie will draft/coordinate invitations.
    • Invitation audience: We are seeking proposals from health care providers, governmental entities, and software vendors.
    • The proposal should address the following items:
      • Presentations should be focused upon either V3 or CDA implementations
      • Presentations can focus on a product (NOT a sales pitch), a healthcare environment, or both. Vendor presentations are encouraged to be software agnostic.
      • Implementations must either be in a live status or be in the pilot stage.
      • Proposals from support services such implementation and conformance services are encouraged.
      • All presentations should be structured to answer the questions posed in the HL7 Implementation FAQ.
      • Presentations should discuss challenges and their resolution from both a programmatic and end user perspective.
      • Assume a time limit of 45 -90 mins.
    • Helen volunteered to provide an update on the Canadian work as a case study.

  • ?Implementation workshop at IHIC
    • Perhaps someone in New Zealand would be willing to hold an Implementation Workshop at the IHIC in New Zealand?

  • Implementation Workshop Toolkit HL7v3 Implementation Workshop Toolkit
    • Discussion deferred.

  • Implementation Guide Best Practice Project Implementation Guide (lots of interest at the WGM, but no formal project scope document produced yet, nor a project lead identified)
    • Discussion regarding the need for the Implementation Committee to put a project together that can bring the disparate Implementation Guide projects together for purposes of information exchange, lessons-learned, best practices, etc.

  • Discussion on the following items was deferred until next meeting.
    • V2-V3 mapping -- project in progress (Robert Worden) V2-V3 mapping
    • V3 flattening tools -- some UK work done (Robert Worden) V3 flattening tools
    • Implementation FAQ project -- next steps Implementation FAQ

  • Next call – Thursday, Feb 8th at 11:00 Eastern.

  • Attendees

Charlie McCay, Rene Spronk, Frank Oemig, Helen Stevens Love, Sara Ryan, Lisa Carnahan, and Stephanie (? ).