2018-10-24 SGB Conference Call

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

back to Standards Governance Board main page

HL7 SGB Minutes

Location:
https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/538465637

Date: 2018-10-24
Time: 10:00 AM Eastern
Facilitator Paul/Lorraine Note taker(s) Anne
Attendee Name


Regrets Calvin Beebe
x Lorraine Constable
x Russ Hamm
Regrets Tony Julian
x Paul Knapp
Ewout Kramer
x Austin Kreisler
Regrets Wayne Kubick
x Thom Kuhn
Ken McCaslin
x Rik Smithies
Sandy Stuart
Quorum: Chair + 4

Agenda

  • Agenda review
  • Approve Minutes of 2018-10-17_SGB_Conference_Call
  • Action Items
    • Paul to contact Vocab/PA re: approval items balloting at STU in FHIR R3
      • Will then verify with Karen that the documentation on the FHIR R3 ballot STU approvals is sufficient
    • Paul to ask PH for clarification on the status of items taken out of tracker and then reconciled on spreadsheet/ask for a plan for addressing the issue
    • Paul to draft precept on artifact governance
    • Ask US Realm to consider recommending to Project Services another realm category for items that are US Realm but intended to be universal in the future
    • Wayne to reach out to Argonaut project leads re: Argonaut diagnostic report development
    • Paul to write up our current continuous maintenance process for review
    • Forward Karen our list of continuous maintenance questions
    • Talk with FMG regarding what they want to accomplish with continuous maintenance to see if it fits
    • Anne to work with Josh to set up SGB page to communicate decisions/precepts by January
    • Anne to add TSC proposed actions around tooling to upcoming call
    • Anne to add link to ARB Confluence page with SGB content to SGB page
    • Anne to research if product management life cycle spec was approved by TSC and add to agenda to discuss dissemination
  • Discussion Topics
    • Reaffirming expiring CDAMG members Brett Marquard, Kai Heitmann, Jean Duteau for two years
    • SGB Communication Plan
    • Updates that we do to newer versions of FHIR that are also applicable to older versions
    • Precepts We Need to Develop
  • Parking Lot
    • Mapping coordination
    • Add link to Confluence page from ARB page
    • Review of product management life cycle spec to see if it talks about project and ballot scope
    • Review of MG responses to SGB query on substantive change
    • Need to make sure that SGB is accurately reflected in the GOM, and figure out what precepts should appear in the GOM
    • Review Mission and Charter
    • Drafting Shared Product Management Responsibilities
    • Technical Alignments Between Product Families
    • How groups are to interact with publishing, EST, Vocabulary, etc.
    • Precept on bringing in large projects
    • Vocabulary - review HTA material for precepts
    • Precept for adding new tools (include that WGs with a specific mandate must be involved, such as EST, Publishing, Vocabulary, etc.) - was this covered by the tooling precept we created in New Orleans?
    • BAM guidance on process for product adoption
    • Create PRECEPTS that require that it be articulated in the standards how the value sets specified within the standards respond to changes in regulation, licensing, time, etc.- to do in April/before Cologne
    • FHIR Product Director Position Description: we should 1) review further and draft feedback, then 2) map back the description to the role of FGB
    • Ownership of content
    • What precepts do we need to address PSS/profile approval processes of balloting and publishing potentially thousands of CIMI model?

Minutes

  • Agenda review
  • Approve Minutes of 2018-10-17_SGB_Conference_Call
  • Action Items
    • Paul to contact Vocab/PA re: approval items balloting at STU in FHIR R3
      • Will then verify with Karen that the documentation on the FHIR R3 ballot STU approvals is sufficient
        • Paul talked to them at the meeting but hasn’t heard anything back.
    • Paul to ask PH for clarification on the status of items taken out of tracker and then reconciled on spreadsheet/ask for a plan for addressing the issue
      • Carry forward
    • Paul to draft precept on artifact governance
      • Carry forward
    • Ask US Realm to consider recommending to Project Services another realm category for items that are US Realm but intended to be universal in the future
      • Is currently at TSC.
    • Wayne to reach out to Argonaut project leads re: Argonaut diagnostic report development
      • Carry forward
    • Paul to write up our current continuous maintenance process for review
    • Forward Karen our list of continuous maintenance questions
    • Talk with FMG regarding what they want to accomplish with continuous maintenance to see if it fits
      • Paul went to FMG with the issue and they felt that continuous maintenance is likely not for them at this time. Their intention is to have a consistent balloting schedule, but not be constrained to that schedule.
      • Remove this set of actions
    • Anne to work with Josh to set up SGB page to communicate decisions/precepts by January
      • Carry forward
    • Anne to add TSC proposed actions around tooling to upcoming call
      • Added to agenda but didn’t get to it this week
    • Anne to add link to ARB Confluence page with SGB content to SGB page
      • Complete. Lorraine will email any other items to be included
    • Anne to research if product management life cycle spec was approved by TSC and add to agenda to discuss dissemination
      • Was approved on 2017-12-04 TSC call
        • Lorraine was actually referring to project 1328, Project Life Cycle for Product Development (PLCPD), which was balloted by Project Services. ARB had comments and Lorraine wonders if they were resolved in the published spec. Reviewed document. Was comment only, so doesn’t get published on the grid. Wouldn’t we want it to be Informative so it’s on the grid? Austin thinks they’re following the “introducing new processes” steps. Lorraine: We might want to update that for the standards development groups. How does this material relate to the product life cycle stuff we developed? Do we say somewhere that we have to follow this document? Austin: The final step in introducing new process is the TSC decides if it’s recommended or mandatory. This document has some issues, such as we have STUs that don’t go to normative or informative. Should look at how this relates to the document we developed.
          • ACTION: Add comparison of the documents to upcoming call
  • Discussion Topics
    • Reaffirming expiring CDAMG members Brett Marquard, Kai Heitmann, Jean Duteau for two years
      • MOTION to recommend that TSC reaffirm these three CDAMG members: Lorraine/Rik
      • Austin asks if there are preponderance of influence issues with any of the members? Might want to check with Wayne regarding the scoring system that has been developed. Lorraine notes we haven’t heard about this yet. Austin: The Board approved something in Baltimore and we need to start taking that into account.
        • ACTION: Anne to let Lisa know we need to compare the list against the new preponderance of influence checklist. Also need to list Raychelle’s surname on the Confluence page.
        • MOTION tabled until we have the opportunity to review the checklist
    • Separation of Concerns
      • Paul: We had a few people who were in leadership positions of leadership, governance or methodology in the same families. SGB shouldn’t be management or methodology in any family. Everyone who did have dual positions has either resigned or their positions have lapsed, except for Lloyd McKenzie. His position as cochair of MnM expires at the end of this year. He is also cochair of FMG and MnM provides FHIR methodology. Lorraine: How do we feel about FHIR-I? Austin: It’s just a committee – not the methodology group.
        • ACTION: Austin to discuss situation with Lloyd
    • Continued discussion: Currency of Value Set Content
      • Carry forward
    • SGB Communication Plan
      • Carry forward
    • Updates that we do to newer versions of FHIR that are also applicable to older versions
      • Carry forward
    • Precepts We Need to Develop
      • Carry forward
  • Adjourned at 11:00 am Eastern

Meeting Outcomes

Actions
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items

© 2018 Health Level S