20170811 PLA/CIMI call

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

return to HL7 Product Line Architecture Meeting Minutes and Agendas
Return to HL7 Product Line Architecture Program

HL7 PLA Call Minutes

Location:
https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/700576533

'Date: 2016-08-11
Time: 2PM
Facilitator Mary Kay/ Austin Note taker(s) Anne
Attendee Name


x Calvin Beebe
x Lorraine Constable
Jean Duteau,
Rick Haddorff
Tony Julian
x Paul Knapp
x Austin Kreisler,
x Mary Kay McDaniel
Brian Pech
Ken McCaslin
x John Roberts
x Stan Huff
x Richard Esmond
Galen Mulrooney
Linda Bird
x John Evans
x Cecil Lynch
no quorum definition

Agenda

  • Review minutes of 20170728_PLA/CIMI_call
  • Discussion Topics
    • Review Mission and Charter draft
    • PLA to present to CIMI
    • Socialization of CIMI MG

Minutes

  • Austin opens the meeting
  • Discussion Topics
    • Review Mission and Charter draft
      • Stan reviewed boilerplate. Mary Kay had drafted one specifically for CIMI-MG.
      • Need to add CIMI products into work products and contributions section. Stan: CIMI is about information models and related things; we will also be doing FHIR profiles and being able to generate V2 IGs and CDA documents in given areas. Related products would be the tools that assist in that. Austin notes that FHIR and CDA have their own management groups; the CIMI-MG is going to have to work with those management groups to coordinate. Need to get relationships and boundaries clear. Paul: Need to coordinate with clinical domains and methodological domains. Stan: So we should mention this in work products and contributions, that we will work with those groups in a uniform, consistent way. Calvin: Call out the fact that your group owns the detailed logical models and you'll work with the other groups on the implementation.
      • Structure: Want to make sure the structure has enough people so that they can meet regularly and make sure it has adequate representation across a variety of stakeholders. Any appropriate group not represented here? Stan: I wouldn't have specifically thought about providers, implementers, payers; I would've thought about FHIR, Patient Care, CQI. Most of the collaboration goes on there. Implementers come in later. Our primary coordination is with the other groups in HL7. Lorraine asks about HSPC. Stan: there would be a relationship there because they're going to use CIMI models. Paul: Have to represent both internal and external. Austin: In this case, the consumer of the product itself is the other product families within HL7. Candidates can cover several categories of stakeholders. If a provider or payer raises an issue, do you have someone on the committee that can vet that? Austin notes that you need between 7-9 people to operate in a fashion that allows efficient and consistent operation. Austin: We need to at least identify someone who can wear a steering division hat and be somewhat familiar with the WGs in the division and the work they do. Mary Kay: Different people are needed for the different parts of the group's lifecycle. Need someone who has a far-reaching vision of where the group needs to go. You also need someone who's going to manage the work of getting it up and running. Lorraine notes that when FMG first started, their need for outreach and communication with WGs was a primary thing; they identified liaisons to each WG. Now, this is less of a burning need. Austin: So the steering division perspective is important. Don't want to lose the external perspective from providers and payers. Do want to make sure internal coordination perspective is thoroughly covered.
    • Socialization of CIMI MG at WGM
      • Will want to present this to the CIMI WG. Other WGs ought to be hearing this as well. Stan notes that they have numerous joint meetings that can be used. Austin: We can also use the cochair dinner and general sessions.
      • ACTION: Stan/Richard to develop presentation slides for cochair dinner/general session (one slide on CIMI, one slide for MG)
      • ACTION: Stan and Richard to work on customizing M&C
      • ACTION: Anne to set up a followup call on 9/1
      • ACTION: Mary Kay to send out candidate spreadsheet template
  • Adjourned at 3:00 pm Eastern


Meeting Outcomes

Action Items:


© 2017 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved