2016 09-22 PA WGM Minutes

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search


Return to: WGM Minutes > 2016 > Sept Baltimore

Patient Administration Work Group Minutes - Thursday September 22, 2016

Thursday Q1

HL7 Patient Administration Meeting Minutes

Location: Hyatt Regency, Baltimore, USA, Room: President

Date: 2015-09-22
Time: Thursday Q1
Facilitator Line Saele Note taker Alex de Leon
Attendee Name Affiliation
X Line Saele Helse Vest IKT Norway
X << update attendee list >>
Quorum Requirements Met (Chair + 2 members): No/Yes

Agenda

Agenda Topics

  1. <<update agenda topics>>

Supporting Documents

Minutes

Minutes/Conclusions Reached:
Introductions
Joint with PHER and Emergency Care with OASIS present. The WG discussed the HAVE standard and the fact that the HL7 board declined to endorse the HAVE EDD standard. The option is to have a standard on both ends balloted by each organization (HL7 and OASIS). OASIS expresses the openness to have a joint effort, but the group is wondering if it is worth the effort on both sides to ballot on each. This seems to be the only option; to have the exact same standard published in both organizations and balloted in each. This will fall under the joint agreement originally crafted for the EDD HAVE standard.

John asked, even if there were a joint effort, how would it express itself? Would it be v3? FHIR? Line commented that it seems that FHIR would be the best method.

Brian noted that the area that seems to fit the emergency aspect of OASIS’s need is in Clinical Quality Measurement (CQM) which is currently being modelled in FHIR..

The WG discussed what the needs of the expression of the standard. The WG reviewed the EDD-HAVE information model. Brian Organization, Location, HealthcareService. The question came up about adding availability to the model. Brian noted that there is an availability element, but it focuses on opening/closing our. He noted that Scheduling resources could be resources.

Brian suggested to use the CQM tools using the resources (Organization, Locaion, HeahcareService and Scheduling) then the CQM tools for OASIS’s emergency care/triage availability needs. Patti will take this back to OASIS to see if that could be a good path.
Action: Brian to check to check with FMG about including this effort in a connectathon. This may help raise the maturity level of the HealthCareService.

Patti explained to the group the various organizations in the US that are overseeing efforts such as these. This was to explain the scope and what organizations today oversee these efforts.

John and Patti noted that there was a federal mandate to report up the availability of beds and services but that has been discontinued. However, John noted that states already have mandates anyway to report up.
The WGs agreed that efforts should be an international effort. This would mean the effort could choose their sponsors. PA is willing to be a sponsor, but not the only sponsors. So PA would be sponsors with EC and PHER will co-sponsor.
We should draft the PSS, alert the steering division.
Action: Draft PSS for this effort. Owner Line/Brian. Due: 10/5/16 with a target to 10/20/16.
The WG continued with tracker items.

  1. 11413 - Summary: Suggest changing attribute ‘communication’ to ‘language’ to be more clear. - 2016-09

core #571
Suggest changing attribute communication to language to be more clear.
The WG looked at the base resource on which all resources derive. It already has an element called “language” which is the language of the resource itself. So, there cannot be another element called “language”
Brian moves to find this non-persuasive based on the above. Alex seconds.
Discussion: None.
Vote (for/against/abstain): 7/0/1

  1. 11037 - Summary: Gender code issue conflict with US requirements - 2016-09 core #56

Brian moved, to find this non-persuasive and no action taken based on this.Andrew seconds.
Discussion: None
Vote (for/against/abstain): 8/0/0

  1. 9893 - Summary: Person and RelatedPerson -> Individual and RelatedIndividual

The use-case for identifying related people also applies to related organizations. For example, the guardian of a patient might be the state (and they might be the recipient of information). Similarly, the owner of an animal might be a company (e.g. farm) rather than an individual. As well, when linking elements via Person, we could actually be linking animals and, if the above goes through, organizations. So I think renaming them to Individual is appropriate. I think the elements could remain largely unchanged. Obviously sex won't apply to organizations, but that should be ok. Not sure if there's a need to differentiate whether you're talking about an organization or a person.

The WG noted that this was set for “in person” by Lloyd.

Not keen to change the name of the Person resource. The use case for the "ward of the state" was discussed and is stil being considered, and looking to try to define guidance on how to do this. Considered are Patient.Contact.organization, Adding an Organization reference to RelatedPerson, and/or using the new linkage resource. This will also be done differently in different jurisdictions, and should be able to be profiled there. We also discussed similar cases like Prisons.




Meeting Outcomes

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • <<Consolidate action items>>
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items
  • .

Thursday Q2

HL7 Patient Administration Meeting Minutes

Location: Hyatt Regency, Baltimore, USA, Room:President

Date: 2015-09-22
Time: Thursday Q2
Facilitator Line Saele Note taker Alex de Leon
Attendee Name Affiliation
X Line Saele Helse Vest IKT Norway
X <<update attendee list>> Kaiser Permanente
Quorum Requirements Met (Chair + 2 members): Yes

Agenda

Agenda Topics

  1. << update agenda topics >>

Supporting Documents

Minutes

Minutes/Conclusions Reached:
Joint with FM.

  1. 9200 - Summary: Capturing self payor

It is not clear, how to use the Coverage resource to capture the fact that a patient is self payor. Or would I express this using a different resource?

The WG reviewed the coverage resource and how the self pay might be expressed. In order to do so, this tracker is to request that the “PAY” to be added the HL7 V3 ActCoverageTypeCode value set and rename the name of Issuer property to be Payor. Brian moved to make the above changes. Simone seconded. Discussion: Cooper suggested that the binding to be preferred rather than example. This was made as a friendly amendment to the motion. Brian agreed. Vote (for/against/abstain): 11/0/1

  1. 9115 - Summary: BIN as Coverage attribute should be moved to extension or identifier

A quick non-representative survey among HL7 Affiliates in the Netherlands, Belgium, Austria, Switzerland and Germany showed that BINs are uncommon/unknown in the context of Coverage resources. The attribute "BIN" should probably either be moved to extensions or be used as an identifier with a specific namespace. The WGs discussed whether this item should be included in the coverage resource or not. There was a lively discussion around identifiers and the BIN #. FM agreed to move this into Organization.

BIN removed from coveage

Due to the change to the ResourceReference datatype the issuer type property 

Simone asked to have the concepts of Group, plan subplan, class to try to get some insight into the identifiers which are currently of datatype string.

The WGs discussed attempting to “collapse” the concepts (e.g. group, plan, subplan, class) into one set of values that could be applicable universally.

The discussion then moved to the datatype, which seems to lend itself to coding system.

Mary Kay noted that there was an ISO standard for the structures being discussed (ISO 20302:2014 – Healthcare card standard) Br Leave as is, 2 replacing terms with single poperty multicardilaity coding with a string, multicardinailty identifier.

After discussing this, it seems that the single property (multicardinality) coding. The WG then discussed the name of this. No easy ones came to mind so the WGs agreed to name this “levels” for now. Upon further discussion

Remove BIN from coverage (handled by Organization) Elements replaced by a multi-cardinality property using coding. Coding system will be defined upon context specific usage. The display will contain the name of the detail e.g. “iron Lung workers” and the code will contain the actual value e.g. 54D.

Simone suggested that this be “tested” during the next connectathon. Paul and the WGs agreed that this could be done.

Brian moved to make he changes above. Paul seconded. Disussion: none Vote (for/against/abstain): 12/0/1



Meeting Outcomes

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • <<consolidate action items>>
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items
  • .

Thursday Q3

HL7 Patient Administration Meeting Minutes

Location: Hyatt, Baltimore, USA, Room:President

Date: 2015-09-22
Time: Thursday Q3
Facilitator Line Saele Note taker Alex de Leon
Attendee Name Affiliation
X Line Saele HL7 Netherlands
X << update attendee list >>
Quorum Requirements Met (Chair + 2 members): Yes

Agenda

Agenda Topics

  1. <<update agenda topics>>

Minutes/Conclusions Reached:
Introductions.

  1. 9893 – Person and RelatedPerson

The WG continued with this tracker, noting that Lloyd has read and replied to the tracker item as such: Well, in the Ward of the State case, the Organization will need to be an actor who participates on behalf of the patient (signing consents, receiving information, etc.), so Patient.contact won't fly. And Practitioner wouldn't be appropriate because they're not acting in the capacity of their relationship to the patient. As well, service animals who are actually doing work would be RelatedIndividuals, though that's probably more of an edge case.
The WG agrees that Patient.contact would not be the best fit for the use cases. RelatedPerson still seems like a good candidate, however to meet the use cases described by Lloyd, the element of Organization would have to be added to RelatedPerson (to support ward of the state and perhaps the prison scenario as well).

The WG continued looking into this and reviewed the RelatedPersonalRelationshiop value set.
The WG noted that the valueset would have to be extended to support the “ward of state concept for relationship type in RelatedPerson. Simone noted that there was a state agency and federal agency.

  1. 11248 - Summary: Add religion to core extensions. - 2016-09 core #402

Did Patient Care consider this for a US FHIR core extension?

The WG discussed this and noted that this concept goes beyond just US centric and that it is based on v3 concepts. The WG proposing to make the religion a standard extension. The WG noted also that the extension has a 0..* cardinality but should have the multiple cardinality on the religion element from the valueset. For this standard extension the Alex moves for the WG accept the changes aboce. the above: Patti Syed seconds. Discussion: Non Vote (for/against/abstain): 5/0/1 Action: Review all the extensions to check for multiple cardinality levels (entire extension versus value within extension). For example Patient disability which is 0..* and Brian.

This will be a non-compatible change due to the namespace update.

  1. 11205 -

The WG then entertained the representatives from PHER to discuss their PSS to add occupational industry elements to the v2 standard. Employers, The WG reviewed the draft PSS from PHER. Alex noted that there were no specific implementors noted, only internal HL7 orgnizations. He noted that when we move this through our steering division, they will require this. Brian then asked about profiling the (US) bindings and where would that be part of this work. If it is required, then the PHER representatives said that it would need to be.

Action: Brian to send the draft PSS to Bret Marquad.




Action:
Alex moves to include PA as the co-sponsor to the PSS to include the occupational industry elements into the v2 and FHIR standards. Cooper Thomson.
Discussion: None
Vote(for/against/abstain): 5/0/1

The Plan is for the PAWG to address this on the telecon meeting on 10/11.
Cooper moves to adjourn.

Meeting Outcomes

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • <<consolidate action items>>
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items
  • .

Thursday Q4

Meeting cancelled due to other duties of the core members}

Agenda

'

'

Minutes

Meeting Outcomes

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • <<consolidate action items>>
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items
  • .

Navigation

© 2007-2015 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.