This wiki has undergone a migration to Confluence found Here
<meta name="googlebot" content="noindex">

20150630 US Realm SC Call

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

back to US Realm Task Force
back to US Realm Task Force Conference Calls

US Realm Task Force Call Agenda/Minutes

Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 985371#

Date: 2015-06-30
Time: 1 PM Eastern
Facilitator Ed/Ken Note taker(s) Anne
Attendee / Name
Calvin Beebe Woody Beeler x Keith Boone
Joe Bormel Lorraine Constable x Johnathan Coleman
Julie Crouse John Feikema
x Ed Hammond x Tony Julian x Paul Knapp
x Austin Kreisler Lynn Laakso Ken McCaslin
John Quinn David Susanto Pat VanDyke
Visitor / Name
no quorum definition



  • Agenda review
  • Review notes from 20150602_US_Realm_TF_Call
  • Action Items
    • Ed to discuss the issue of Consolidated CDA 1.1 requiring a 30-month extension with Karen/EC
  • Discussion:
    • Scope of USR-SC activities: will it vote on dispositions/own content? (Question from FHIR)
    • Next steps of transition to USR-SC


  • Consolidated CDA extension: The GOM will deal with this; the EC has approved a change to the GOM to reflect this – will be a vote by the executive committee. TSC can approve a year extension; EC will be able to extend for up to five years if cited by the document as a document that cannot be commented on. Austin reports there is another problem with a QRDA DSTU that is going to lapse in a few weeks. Austin will notify the WG to send it on to the TSC for an extension.
  • Ed has submitted a newsletter article announcing the new USR-SC
  • Review of composition of USR-SC with current members filled in.
  • Issue of whether US Realm will have a repository for resources (question from FHIR): are we talking about resources specific to US realm or profiles? Profiles are no problem; It’s resources that no one else is interested in. Paul: FHIR Maturity model will allow addressing it in the universal realm. Resource can’t go normative until it meets certain goals, such as being balloted, level of completeness, exercised in Connectathon, and implemented in 3-5 different applications in three different countries. So a resource may be created for US without participation by other countries, but until we have multiple countries using it, it can’t go normative. Austin: so would it be a permanent DSTU? Paul: some people would say it should be made an extension, which is an easy solution but not a good implementation solution. Keith says that’s a good general approach – let’s not over engineer this. If we end up with a perpetual DSTU problem or a resource that isn’t going to be adopted by anyone, we will have good examples with which to solve the problem. Austin: It’s all theory until we have an actual case. Ed: so we’re saying that we need to deal with this when we have concrete examples. Johnathan: Talking with people from CQF, they’re struggling with building against a moving target with FHIR – no best practices or mechanism for sharing and collaborating. The maturity model may help – is it published yet?

Meeting Outcomes

Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items

© 2014 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved