This wiki has undergone a migration to Confluence found Here

2013-11-14 Tooling Call

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Tooling Meeting Template

Meeting Information

HL7 Tooling Meeting Agenda/Minutes

Location: Phone: +1 770-657-9270;
Participant PassCode:586935#
GoToMeeting URL:
GoToMeeting ID: 741-102-173

Date: 2013-11-14
Time: 2PM Eastern
Facilitator: Michael Note taker(s): Lynn Laakso
Attendee Name, Affiliation
. .
x Woody Beeler, Beeler Consulting
regrets Wilfred Bonney, HL7 HQ
Jeff Brown, HL7 ES liaison
x Dennis Cheung, co-chair, CIHI
Jane Curry, Templates, OHT liaison
Diego Kaminker, Education liaison
x Lynn Laakso, HL7 HQ Tooling Support
Abdul-Malik Shakir, CIC liaison
John Ritter, EHR
Rik Smithies, CS liaison
Rob Snelick, CGIT liaison
Rene Spronk, Marketing liaison
x Andy Stechishin, Co-chair
x Michael van der Zel, co-chair
Quorum Requirements Met (co-chair plus 3 counting staff): (yes)


Agenda Topics

  • Other/New Business


Minutes/Conclusions Reached:

  • Roll Call & Agenda Review - Michael for the deliverable on Tooling there is deliverable 2 and 3. Andy moves and Woody seconds approval; unanimously approved.
  • Approval of previous minutes from 2013-11-07 Tooling Call Andy moves approval and Dennis seconds. Unanimously approved.
  • Review action items -
    • Andy to notify the cochairs, editors and internationaladmin lists in addition to Tooling the intent of Tooling's consideration to drop support for Visio 2002 effective with review at 2014JanuaryWGM in San Antonio. Not done.
    • Andy will talk to John about Regex expression license. Putting together the text for this to John by email
    • Andy will talk to John and Mark about an iOS developers' license for HL7. Putting together the text for this to John by email
    • Andy will follow up with Diego on the Education project. Andy has some material on the Education requirements from Diego he will forward to Dennis to see if he can advance it. Andy sent requirements to Dennis just before the meeting.
    • Andy will forward the link to the FMG registry requirements to the list and do an assessment of how well HingX meets those requirements as well. Not done.
    • Andy will check with TSC if the Tooling Dashboard or such dashboards are of interest still. He emailed Austin for getting this on the TSC agenda this Monday.
    • Lynn will schedule a time with AMS and Woody to review judging criteria for the 2013-2014 Tooling Challenge. She skyped them but hasn't heard from AMS.
    • SparX EA use in HL7 # 2706 Lynn took this assignment and follow up email to Mike Kingery and Pete Swanson.
    • 2515 no update from Woody
    • 2511: Michael is still struggling with putting his thoughts into documentation. It has been open a long time with no action; is it still worth doing? Andy believes so.
    • 2510 scope for Ontology: waiting on work from Lloyd to finish; as of the last WGM he needs to update dates and send to Rik for approval
    • 2506 we are waiting to hear from Vocabulary on their new liaison. Woody has taken that role on in the interim. Tool would manage harmonization requests for Vocab. He's not familiar with it but will accept the assignment
    • 2513 Woody notes that when we figure out requirements for the WorkBench it needs to be shorter than two pages long. This might be one cut at what a requirements document would contain. Michael notes that the MAX requirements documentation would be another example.
    • 2503 Lynn to schedule call with Andy and John
    • 2514 Michael has not yet made time for this.
  • Tooling Deliverable 2 and 3: validation rules and types of profiles submitted for approval at:
    • From WGoossen - Please find attached the formal deliverables 1, 2 and 3 for the tooling project for the EHR workgroup. Tomorrows Tooling WG meeting will address the motions for #2 validation rules and #3 types of profiles. #1 requirements has been approved by tooling WG already.
    • PDF reviewed, page 96 starts the types of profiles. Andy also describes the validation rules in the spreadsheet.
    • Andy moves and Woody seconds approval. Andy abstains, passes 3/0/1
  • Review projects:
    Tooling-sponsored Projects

Michael can't make next week's call

  1. Adjourned 2:52 PM

Meeting Outcomes

  • .
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items

Return to Tooling

© 2013 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.