This wiki has undergone a migration to Confluence found Here

2013-02-07 Tooling Call

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Tooling Meeting Template

Meeting Information

Standing Conference Calls

The Tooling WG will hold a Conference Call at 2 PM Eastern time, each Thursday except during scheduled face-to-face Working Group Meetings unless otherwise noted at Telecon_Agendas.

Conference Call: Uses HL7 Conference Call Service
Dial 770-657-9270 and enter pass code 586935#
GoToMeeting at 482-299-629
HL7 Tooling Meeting Agenda/Minutes

Location: Phone: +1 770-657-9270;
Participant PassCode:586935#
GoToMeeting URL:
https://www1.gotomeeting.com/join/699884034

Date: 2013-02-07
Time: 2PM Eastern
Facilitator: Andy Note taker(s): Lynn Laakso
Attendee Name, Affiliation
x Woody Beeler, Beeler Consulting
x Wilfred Bonney, HL7 HQ
x Joshua Carmody, HL7 HQ Tooling Administrator
x Dennis Cheung, eHealth Ontario
x Jane Curry
x Lynn Laakso, HL7 HQ Tooling Support
x Brett Marquard, SDWG
x. Brian Pech, KP .
x Andy Stechishin, Co-chair
Michael van der Zel, co-chair
Quorum Requirements Met (co-chair plus 3 counting staff): (yes)

Agenda

Agenda Topics

  • Roll Call & Agenda Review
  • Approval of previous minutes from 2013-01-31 Tooling Call
  • Review action items -
  • #2503 Jane and Lynn need to complete the policy implications for the Tooling Strategy and get feedback from the Board.
  • #2504 Andy needs to create PSS for education effort.
  • #2505 Josh to follow up with J.D. Baker on list of persons who obtain EA licenses
  • #2506 Andy will check with Vocab to get them in touch with ES on the UCPRS project, and Woody has volunteered to test
  • #2510 Andy will draft a project scope statement to further flesh out the ontology work and express what has to be done and will consult with Rik on its development.
  • #2509 Andy will draft a PSS for extension of MIF- to OWL conversion of artifacts, expected by the next Tooling teleconference in two weeks.
  • #2507 Andy will obtain a copy of the presentation on EHR-S FM Project to include with the minutes
  • #2508 Tooling needs to address conflict and quorum issues relating to projects for which the cochairs are involved
  • #2511 Michael will create a first draft product matrix reflecting changes based on the product strategy
  • #2512 Lynn will follow up with John Quinn on EHR-S FM project extension approval supported by Tooling and outstanding approval by John Quinn - There is no Treasurer for the Board at the moment to bring forth the approval so this may have to wait until late February.
  • #2513 Tooling to develop a template for what a tooling requirements report needs to contain. Assigned to Michael for now
  • #2514 Michael will create a PSS for the UML Tooling BoF
  • #2515 Woody agrees to produce the scope to hack some transforms that will combine data from combined MIF files, and the message reference file that is generated as part of the ballot, to create submission content to HingX using the HingX API. In such a way that it gets the base definitional elements of the ballot and a summary of high level vocabulary dependencies and Concept domain dependencies. Follow up with Woody in mid-April
  • Review projects:
    Tooling-sponsored Projects
  • Other/New Business



Supporting Documents

Minutes

Minutes/Conclusions Reached:

  • Roll Call & Agenda Review; call to order 2:04 PM.
  • Approval of previous minutes from 2013-01-31 Tooling Call Woody moves and Josh seconds approval. Unanimously approved
  • Review action items -
    • #2503 Jane and Lynn need to complete the policy implications for the Tooling Strategy and get feedback from the Board. Jane notes that this is really a group process. Jane and Lynn reviewed the budget process this week. They will coordinate a draft offline.
    • #2504 Andy needs to create PSS for education effort. There was some confusion if this was related to the Facilitator's training. Woody has done some trial work . The facilitator's training is PI 948, for which Tooling is not a cosponsor. Tooling had voted to be a cosponsor but it's not reflected in PI - ACTION ITEM: Lynn will follow up. Jane notes that facilitator training is a subset of the overall tooling education effort as part of the Tooling Strategy. Andy will address this.
    • #2505 Josh to follow up with J.D. Baker on list of persons who obtain EA licenses. Josh emailed John and hopes the email will get to the right person.
  • Brett pipes in that SDWG wishes some agenda time.
  • Action Items continued.
    • #2506 Andy will check with Vocab to get them in touch with ES on the UCPRS project, and Woody has volunteered to test - Andy missed Vocab call two weeks ago; on their agenda today.
    • #2510 Andy will draft a project scope statement to further flesh out the ontology work and express what has to be done and will consult with Rik on its development. He'll follow up with Rik for details.
    • #2509 Andy will draft a PSS for extension of MIF- to OWL conversion of artifacts, expected by the next Tooling teleconference in two weeks. - knows what needs to be done and will have next week
    • #2507 Andy will obtain a copy of the presentation on EHR-S FM Project to include with the minutes - sent to Lynn; close tracker.
    • #2508 Tooling needs to address conflict and quorum issues relating to projects for which the cochairs are involved. Andy discussed with Jane and will draft some changes to DMP for review by group; not next week but upcoming. A third cochair is still in the plans. Andy will be nominated as board-appointed cochairs with John's assent and John has forwarded the nomination to the Board for ratification. In May tooling can then elect another cochair.
    • #2511 Michael will create a first draft product matrix reflecting changes based on the product strategy. Michael still recovering and not on the call.
    • #2512 Lynn will follow up with John Quinn on EHR-S FM project extension approval supported by Tooling and outstanding approval by John Quinn - There is no Treasurer for the Board at the moment to bring forth the approval so this may have to wait until late February. No report.
  • AMS joins
  • Action items continued
    • #2513 Tooling to develop a template for what a tooling requirements report needs to contain. Assigned to Michael for now
    • #2514 Michael will create a PSS for the UML Tooling BoF. Andy reviewed an initial draft which has not yet been circulated to the list.
    • #2515 Woody agrees to produce the scope to hack some transforms that will combine data from combined MIF files, and the message reference file that is generated as part of the ballot, to create submission content to HingX using the HingX API. In such a way that it gets the base definitional elements of the ballot and a summary of high level vocabulary dependencies and Concept domain dependencies. Follow up with Woody in mid-March instead and leave off agenda until then.
  • Brett offers backstory: SDWG has a CCDA Task Force with tenets to start identifying support for a standard such as CCDA, tracking issues, announcements, wiki and so on and the tools to support this. Austin recommended he check with Tooling. MU creates some urgency. Jane notes this is an opportunity to use HingX. This would be a requirement for communicating information about a particular standard. Woody notes what's done with others having the same problem, the solution he's seen is a moderated forum. Where there is a definitive answer a qualified individual provides it. Jane notes there is a discussion area on HingX. BlueButton is using GForge. The timing is difficult right now. The Task force is relatively new (3 meetings) and have a framework to start piloting response mechanisms by March 1. Can Tooling support this or does SDWG Task Force need to do some exploring. Brett mentions the DSTU comments page has been enhanced to provide better tracking. However it's not the right place for users to request support. We have several things but how do they work together? They have done some requirements gathering - they can evaluate these tools and loop back to Tooling to see how to proceed. Andy offers to add them to next week's agenda to review. He'll also discuss with V3 Publishing on Friday. Brett can email Lynn if he wants a project on GForge. Brett notes there have been no entries on GForge yet for BlueButton.
  • Review projects:
    Tooling-sponsored Projects
    • PI# 831 EHR-S FM Profiling Tool - approval of extension of contract unknown at this time.
    • PI# 742 Model Automated Exchange (MAX) for UML Models - AMS was not on last week. Still working towards using the EHR tooling, and Hugh described his efforts for one of his clients and will demo this in future. AMS with author a call for requirements from CIC and then ensure Tooling agrees before sending it out to cochairs list and CIC list as joint request sometime this month. Jane recommends he talk with Michael as he's working on a UML Tooling Birds of a Feather PSS. He also wishes to remain in the queue of projects for funding should funding become available.
    • PI# 904 HL7/OHT Health Ingenuity Exchange Alpha Program Participation - Jane will have HingX best practices for user groups in registering resources document by end of February
    • PI# 913 HL7 Tooling Challenge - look for announcement of webinar coming up
    • PI# 801 Tooling Strategy and Process Revision - Tooling Strategy draft task list, first task to design wireframe for new Tooling Web page needs attention ASAP. Review on next week's agenda. Josh has some ideas and could have something rough by next week.
  • Other/New Business
    • AMS asks about the IG authoring tools with MWB being rebuilt. CGIT is liaising with NIST sponsoring. They are reverse engineering by function to determine capabilities for new version. Current source code cannot compile so they are pulling requirements to re-develop in Java. Status should be reported at the liaison meetings if the liaison attends.
    • AMS also asks about CDA IG authoring tool - two primary products on the market now, MDHT from OHT and Trifolia. MDHT is open source and Trifolia has a registry of templates. Discussion ensued. Andy notes Kai has a tool named ART using DECOR format. The templates exchange project may be of interest to him. Brian saw a demo of MDHT at CIMI meeting last month and its capabilities are still evolving.

Adjourned 3:09 PM

Meeting Outcomes

Actions
  • .
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items


Return to Tooling


© 2012 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.