This wiki has undergone a migration to Confluence found Here

2011-11-17 Tooling Call

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Tooling Meeting Information

HL7 Tooling Meeting Agenda/Minutes

Location: Phone: +1 770-657-9270;
Participant PassCode: 946235#
GoToMeeting URL:
https://www1.gotomeeting.com/join/699884034

Date: 2011-11-17
Time: 10:00 am EDT
Facilitator: Tim Ireland Note taker(s): Lynn Laakso
Attendee Name, Affiliation
Stacey Berger, COH
Woody Beeler, Beeler Consulting
x Wilfred Bonney, HL7 HQ
Joshua Carmody, HL7 HQ Tooling Administrator
Lorraine Constable, HL7 ES liaison
x Jane Curry, Co-Chair
x Tim Ireland, Co-chair
x Lynn Laakso, HL7 HQ Tooling Support
Abdul-Malik Shakir, AMS Consulting
Lloyd McKenzie, HL7 Canada/GPi
Rob Snelick, HL7 CGIT Liaison
x Corey Spears, HL7 EHR Liaison
Rene Spronk, HL7 Marketing Liaison
x Andy Stechishin, Co-chair
Michael van der Zel, HL7 CGIT liaison
Quorum Requirements Met (co-chair plus 3 counting HQ staff support): yes

Agenda

Agenda Topics

  • Touch base with our Tooling Liaisons
EST Liaisons

EST liaisons are those participants that provide communication and coordination between the EST Work Group and other Work Groups.

Work Groups with interest in tooling should appoint a liaison with the expectation the liaison should provide a liaison update once per month. The intent is to make sure EST is aware of other groups' tooling requirements.

Current liaisons, their represented Groups, and the areas of interest are:

Group Liaison NameArea of interest
AID/RIMBAAMichael Van der ZelTooling for implementers. See RIMBAA_Tooling_Liaison and Implementation Tools for details & status updates.
CGITRob SnelickCGIT interest is any tools involving conformance and best practices for writing IGs
CICAbdul-Malik ShakirMAX Project
CS (Clinical Statement)Rik SmithiesOntology
EHRJohn RitterEHR-S FM Profile Designer (PI 1040) and R3 preparation
EducationDiego KaminkerTooling Education planning
FHIR/FMGLloyd McKenzieFHIR Tooling
Mobile HealthMatt Graham tbd
Patient CareMichael Van der ZelSee Patient Care Tooling Liaison for details & status updates.
PublishingBrian PechTooling for publishing.
Structured DocumentsAndrew StatlerTemplate definition tool
TemplatesvacantPrimarily interested in a Templates registry, a subset of type of artifacts for the Shared Artifact registry/repository.
HL7 BoardDavid BurgessOverview of the state of HL7 tooling, proposed and current projects and feedback from users on tool requirements and utility.
Open Health "group"Ken RubinMonitoring status of Open Health Tools projects of interest to HL7 and participating in the OHT Architecture Council representing HL7's interests.
VocabularyvacantVocabulary tooling is the highest priority for funded tools if we had funding.
CIMIMichael van der ZelNEW
  • Review action items -
    • Tracker # 1998 - rsXML validation package update
    • Tracker # 2087 - touch base with other WGs on their requirements (e.g. Corey Spears)
    • Tracker # 2088 - Andy will verify whether the publishing minutes include an acceptance process on the generator and evaluate creating a wiki page for it
  • Update on Tooling Documentation [Wilfred]
  • Update on V3 Generator Tool [Lloyd]
  • Review projects: (time permitting)
    • PI# 804 GForge alternative assessment
    • PI# 801 Tooling Strategy and Process Revision
    • PI# 803 Tooling DashBoard
      • Tracker # 1453 - Tools and Resources Page
      • Action Item# 1997 - Review communication from the Tooling WG for stale information
      • Action Item# 2003 - Pilot the updated Tooling documentation and update the FAQs
      • Action Item# 2053 - update wiki or other GForge instruction documents from Wilfred to homebasecoordinator; need to assign task for update OHT static model designer wiki page based on current tool status
    • Other projects:
    • PI# 802 Tooling Communication Plan and Execution
    • PI# 752 Publish CDA IGs from Tooling (Tooling co-sponsor)
    • PI# 742 Model Automated Exchange (MAX) for UML Models
    • PI# 690 HL7 Static Model Designer Enhancement 1 - ??
    • PI# 665 MIF based Publishing Phase II
    • PI# 611 Template Registry Pilot (Tooling co-sponsor)
  • Other/New Business
    • Thanksgiving holiday in U.S next week


Supporting Documents

Minutes

Minutes/Conclusions Reached:

  • Roll Call & Agenda Review – discussion on project 806 terminology
  • Approval of previous minutes from 2011-11-10 Tooling Call – Andy moves approval with amendment that he updated the MAX project milestones; Jane seconds; unanimously approved
  • Respond to opportunity to get some funding Government Challenge
    • Jane shows Health Challenges- John wants us to organize and describe one or more types of challenges for this. Award to be funded by Sparx, needs to be tools-related stuff, like a MIF viewer, and scoped to the $4k offered by Sparx. Not sure if it’s a MIF schema viewer or MIF object viewer. Want to describe criteria for meeting this challenge and ready to issue the challenge by January. Put this on the action item list to review. Andy suggests a Wiki page to collect suggestions and review suggestions two weeks from today. Tim notes that products such as EA have a lite version that has view capability with edit function switched off. Perhaps something like the SMD, without edit capability. ACTION ITEM: Jane will set up the wiki page for the Government Challenge.- done - see HL7 Tooling Government Challenge
  • Touch base with our Tooling Liaisons
    • Jane reports from Rob Snelick if MWB will be enhanced, Tooling will cosponsor and a PSS must be developed. Need to get that ready for the next Board meeting as a recommendation for funding.
    • Andy was unable to attend the last MAX project meeting; he has not spoken with Stacey.
    • Corey reports on the EHR WG review of changes to the PSS for profiling tool. One change suggested was on alignment with MAX project as interested party. John Ritter will take lead on defining business requirements and functional design. There is a time crunch to get done in time. Jane notes that by January WGM we need PSS for those projects requesting funding. Priority order and which stream of development is useful, but don’t need to have requirements done by then. PSS states will try to have business requirements by Jan WGM. After Jan we’ll know what size envelope we have to work with for spending money on, and a list of projects.
    • Andy notes that Lorraine was unable to attend and expressed regrets.
    • Michael van der Zel sent an email. Discussion on list on formalisms for DCMs but don’t have details yet.
    • Andy reports for SDWG with little movement in Structdocs toward tooling. Lorraine was going to address templating tool with Lantana. Jane asks on finalization of recommended IG format that impacts how that tool integrates with Publishing. Andy notes they finalized representation but not interaction with publishing stage. Format look and feel was demonstrated with PDF.
    • Jane reports from Templates that they hold interest in OHT Asset Repository but she has no news on the state of that project, pending Rockefeller Foundation support and contract negotiation. They are aiming to release business requirements DSTU this ballot cycle to be shared with OHT. Tim asks if it will be requirements or include architecture; Jane asserts it will be requirements. Jane notes the DSTU status is needed for governance portion specified in the requirements. Andy points out that DSTU needs two implementers. Jane will have to double check. Templates exchange format is going DSTU but the requirements might not be. Jane asks Andy to nudge MnM. He would like to see what the deficiencies are in the MIF. Open model vs closed model styles have not had MnM judgment on appropriateness.
    • Jane has no report on work with the Board beyond the Government challenge
    • OHT update: was having an OHT day, each month and will be noted on the Tooling listserv.
    • Michael sent an email on RIMBAA discussions – they had an item for recommending tools that they were going to discuss at their OOC face to face meeting. More work to be done in conjunction with RIMBAA and Michael not on the call today. Priority setting process needs to be worked on and tools that don’t fall into the scope of HL7-supported. We should dedicate an upcoming call to reviewing this with Michael.
    • Andy reports for Vocab they continue with business requirements; issue to bring forward with ramifications for ES, cleanup of OID registry, process issues and funding for Wilfred, and need to accelerate approval/overview process of the OIDs themselves. Need QA on submissions to clean up backlogs. Mike Kingery is working on improvements to the tool itself, not funded by Tooling WG. If funded out of ESWG budget without ES’s knowledge and taking out of ES’s hours we need to understand from which budget this is being done. Andy needs to discuss with Lorraine. Jane notes the Budget based on 1:4 where he and Ted had expectations unmet from scope. It is not budgeted by Tooling, and may be an orphan. Jane will need to bring to John Quinn’s attention. To approach this it may require a staffing increase. Andy would like to see a more formalized process surrounding it, as well. Workplans and trackers for the tasks Mike is working on related to the OID are not clearly visible. Jane notes that an OID registry is a dependent component in the OHT Heart Registry and Repository. The work is probably in ColdFusion with a database behind it. ACTION ITEM: Andy will coordinate with Lorraine and then Mike/Ted on clarifying the activities and their progress. Need sufficient documentation to support a tool by someone other than the original author. Need to know architecture to understand its alignment with existing tools and strategies. Get an update at the next liaisons call.
  • No meeting next week – Lynn will send something to the mailing list.
  1. Adjourned 11:03 AM ET.

Meeting Outcomes

Actions
  • Jane will set up the wiki page for the Government Challenge.
  • Andy will coordinate with Lorraine and then Mike/Ted on clarifying the activities and their progress with the OID registry work.
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items


Return to Tooling

© 2011 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.