Withdrawing Your Negative Vote on a Ballot
When you are happy with a WG's proposed action on your negative ballot comment, you may want to respond to a 'Withdrawal Request' email from a WG cochair by withdrawing your negative vote on that ballot. This process is straightforward.
- First, make sure you are properly logged in to the HL7 web site. You should see a ‘Welcome [Your Name]' message in the upper right-hand corner.
- Next, navigate to the ballot desktop: http://www.hl7.org/ctl.cfm?action=ballots.home
- You should still see a ‘Welcome [Your Name]' message in the upper right. If not, then you most likely have an issue with the cookie stored by your web browser (more about this further down).
- If you are correctly logged in, then in the left-hand navigation, select the ballot cycle the material balloted in (you can find this in the withdrawal email).
- Now select the ‘Withdraw or Retract a Vote’ link
- Just below the tabs on the upper left (to the right of the HL7 logo).
- Or in the far right frame under the pull down "Your Desktop".
- You will see a listing of all the ballots you still have negatives on and can change the ones you want.
If you were not logged in to the Ballot Desktop correctly:
- In your browser, select Tools > Internet Options.
- On the general tab is a Browsing History section. Click the Delete button.
- In the Delete Browsing History dialog, check the Cookies and website data check box and click Delete at the bottom of the box.
- Once you receive notice that your cookies and website data are deleted, OK out of the dialogs
- Close and restart your browser.
You can now navigate to the HL7 home page where you will need to log in again. You should then be able to complete the instructions on deleting a cookie.
If you are still having trouble or need more support, please feel free to email or call the Director of Technical Publications.
Copyright © Health Level Seven International ® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The reproduction of this material in any form is strictly forbidden without the written permission of the publisher.