V3 Patch Policy
Version 3 Patching Policy - Adopted 11/18/2011
This patching policy was adopted to help establish expectations for the WGs balloting V3 materials. If you feel this policy should be changed, please feel free to join our discussions during the weekly V3 publishing calls. Find the next scheduled call here: HL7 Conference Calls
V3 Publishing will always produce patches when:
- It is discovered that there is a significant issue with content due to a publishing error
- It is discovered that the ballot content does not use the correct final submission
V3 Publishing will produce a patch during the first two weeks of a ballot when:
- It is discovered that there is a technical issue with material (whether this issue arises from the submitting WG or during the preparation of material)
- It is discovered that there are missing graphics, models or supporting files (schemas, etc.)
- It is discovered that there are significant textual or model errors that would affect a reviewers ability to review the material
Please note that patches should not be used to address minor typographical errors (including a listing of authors and editors), or to update content when a WG has missed the ballot opening deadlines.
Copyright © Health Level Seven International ® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The reproduction of this material in any form is strictly forbidden without the written permission of the publisher.