USLab Result FHIR Profile Proposal
- 1 PutProposedProfileNameHere
- 1.1 Profile Details
- 1.2 Ownership
- 1.3 Plans
- [DiagnosticReport ]
- As well as the following resources referenced by this resource:
NOTE: These will be shared by the proposed profile USLabOrders as well
Constraints to be Applied
- Various constraints upon Cardinality,type and Invarients and "must support" based upon implementation guides referenced below in Scope of Coverage and Example Scenarios.
- Binding to LOINC codes for orders and observations including "Ask at Order" entry questions
- Binding to SNOMED CT for Coded Results, Specimen type, source, collection procedure.
- Binding to UCUM for units of measure
- Introduction, conventions, scope, notes and various other sections under Implementation
Extensions to be Applied
- US Profile (existing)
- Refer to LRI IG [HL7 Version 2.5.1 Implementation Guide: Orders and Observations; Interoperable Laboratory Result Reporting to EHR, Release ] and ELR IG [HL7 Version 2.5.1 Implementation Guide: Electronic Laboratory Reporting to Public Health, Release 2 (US Realm)] for roles, sequence diagrams and use cases.
- Refer to NIST tool [Results Interface (LRI) LIS/EHR HL7 V2 Validation Tool - Meaningful Use 2014 Edition Certification Testing] for a list of example test cases.
Scope of coverage
- US Realm
- Ambulatory Care
- Reporting of reportable laboratory results to public health.
- Based upon existing regulatory requirements for Laboratories and Electronic Health Record Systems (EHR-S) for reporting clinical laboratory results
- Based upon existing developing S&I and HL7 v2 Laboratory Results Interface Guide (LRI) (see above link)
- Based upon existing developing HL7 v2 Electronic Reporting of Laboratory Results To Public Health Guide (ELR)(see above link)
- Based upon V3 Lab Normative Standard
Owning committee name
- Orders and Observations (OO)
Contributing or Reviewing Work Groups
- Public Health and Emergency Response (PHER)
- Eric Haas
- Rob Hausam
- Hans Buitendijk
FHIR Profile Development Project Insight ID
- Number 1113 OO FHIR Lab Result Profile
- December 1 2014
- Ballot with next FHIR DSTU or Normative Edition
Desired Ballot Date
- January 2015
Copyright © Health Level Seven International ® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The reproduction of this material in any form is strictly forbidden without the written permission of the publisher.