Structured Product Labeling for Food and Dietary Supplements (SPLr8)
Return to RCRIM main page
Project Number 1229
Project Name Structured Product Labeling for Food and Dietary Supplements (SPL r8)
Project Sponsor(s) RCRIM Work Group
The purpose of this project is to ensure that the structured product label V3 artifact includes all of the necessary data elements for food and dietary supplements. The goal is to allow the electronic transmission of foods, branded food products, dietary supplements and botanicals. The dietary supplements and botanicals are included to encompass those products that are currently not available in the medicinal structured product label standards. The following types of data elements will be included in the V3 DMIM: nutrient composition, ingredients, allergens, product image and GTIN barcode (GS1 standard).
Objectives / Deliverables
- To develop requirements for data elements and other functional requirements for complete electronic transmission of information contained in a food or dietary supplement label. Requirements developed will then enable a gap analysis with the current structured product labeling standard for drugs (SPL r7).
Mondays from 4-5 PM Eastern
Conference Call Information: Phone Number: +1 770-657-9270 Participant Passcode: 7485962
Web Meeting Info (does not include audio connection) website Meeting ID 193 128 608 (no password).
Direct Meeting Link: Link
Next scheduled meeting: Monday, April 25, 2016 at 4 PM EDT
- Project Requirements Document: *FINAL Requirements Spreadsheet 2016-5-15
- FDA Food Label Guide: FDA Food Label Guide
- NIH Dietary Supplements Database: | Dietary Supplements Label Database
- FDA Dietary Supplement Labeling Guide: Supplement Labeling Guidance for Industry
- Allen etal. Precautionary labeling of foods for allergen content: are we ready for a global framework? World Allergy Organization Journal 2014, 7:10 Link
Copyright © Health Level Seven International ® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The reproduction of this material in any form is strictly forbidden without the written permission of the publisher.