Relevant and Pertinent
Link to Project Description as recorded on HL7 website.
Final Report Drafts and Deliverables
FINAL VERSION, PUBLISHED HL7 CDA® R2 Implementation Guide: Clinical Summary Relevant and Pertinent Data, Release 1
File:CDAR2 IG PATSUMRNP R1 I1 2017JAN Reconciliation.docx -- updated on March 9 Posted final version incorporating edits to address all comment dispositions, with change tracking ON and comments tracing back to ballot spreadsheet
File:Relevant and Pertinent Implementation Guide.docx -- updated on December 1, 2016 (the final version from January 2017 ballot)
File:CONSOLIDATED ballotcomments CDAR2 IG PATSUMRNP R1 I1 2017JAN.xlsx -- updated on March 9 2017, ballot reconciliation spreadsheet that received final approval (vote 18-0-0) on March 9th SDWG call. It has been posted to the HL7 balloting site as the reconciliation package.
File:Relevant and Pertinent Findings and Recommendations.pptx -- Presentation for Baltimore WGM, updated on September 28, 2016
The original short survey itself Short Survey
The original long survey Long Survey/Interview
The meetings below are listed in reverse chronological order (latest on top).
Ballot reconciliation meetings were held during the San Antonio Workgroup Meeting (January 19th, Q2 and Q4), and also on Feb. 2, 9, and 16. The call on Feb 16 only had one attendee (David Tao), who used the time to draft proposed dispositions to the remaining comments. These will be sent to the persons making the comments, prior to block vote. Results of the January meetings, including voting, are documented in SDWG minutes. Results of Feb. 2, 9, and 16 are reflected in the amalgamated comment spreadsheet. Voting on February items will be deferred until block votes in a Thursday SDWG meeting after HIMSS.
- RnP Tuesday, November 15, 2016.
- RnP Tuesday, October 25, 2016.
- RnP Tuesday, October 18, 2016.
- RnP Tuesday, October 4, 2016
- RnP Tuesday, August 23 and 30, 2016
- RnP Tuesday, August 9&16, 2016
- RnP Tuesday, August 2, 2016
- RnP Tuesday, July 12, 2016
- RnP Tuesday, July 5, 2016. (includes links to draft RnP report document and PPT)
- RnP April 27, 2016. Brief call attended by David Tao, Corey Spears, and David Deroode. David T. gave Corey and David D. an overview of the "red deck" presentation. David D. works with Colorado RHIO, and new to RnP, but very interested in the results. CO RHIO is trying to make its C-CDAs as usable as possible and looking into better organization and display techniques. Corey suggested that we make the RnP information available to those participating in the C-CDA rendering challenge. David T. brought that suggestion to SDWG, and on April 30th sent materials to David Hamill to make available to the Rendering Challenge participants.
- RnP March 30, 2016. Call held with Bob, David, Holly, and George. Bob will edit the "green deck" down to perhaps 8 slides, for presentation to Interop Experience Task Force (IXTF), highlighting major findings about irrelevance of too much past data (prior visits and hospitalizations), importance of better organization of display (including Table of Contents, Section Views), importance of better filtering at receiving end, difficulty of omitting data considered important even by a minority (30-40%) of receivers. Also we considered it valid to include observations based on the expertise and experience of the members, even if not directly derived from survey data. Bob will contact Jitin, suggesting the short presentation, accompanied by more detailed slides for additional info as needed.
- RnP Wednesday, February 17, 2016 -- Call cancelled. However, click the meeting link if you'd like to read observations and suggestions posted by David Tao.
- RnP February 10th, call cancelled. David Tao, Scott Robertson, and Matt Rahn called in and talked for about 10 minutes, but when no one else joined we left. David will follow up with Keith and Bob to firm up future meetings. It was also suggested that the meetings be an hour rather than 30 minutes to allow more progress to be made, especially if we want to prepare a paper to be balloted in the Spring.
- RnP February 3rd, call cancelled
- RnP Wednesday, January 20, 2016
- RnP Wednesday, May 27
- RnP Wednesday, June 3
- RnP Wednesday, June 10
- RnP Wednesday, June 17
- RnP Wednesday, June 24
- RnP Wednesday, July 1
- RnP Wednesday, July 8
- RnP Wednesday, July 15
- RnP Wednesday, August 5
- RnP Wednesday, August 26
- RnP Wednesday, September 2
- RnP Wednesday, September 9
- RnP Wednesday, September 23
The original presentation to explain the project is here File:RnP.pptx
A short presentation that may assist in kickoff meetings is here File:RnP Launch Presentation 20151111.pptx
Here is a sample cover letter that you may use or modify, to send to organizations that you are a liaison to. File:CCDA RnP Short Survey Communication1.docx
Only to be administered once per organization.
A PDF of the long survey can be found here File:LongSurvey.pdf
The long survey (final) can be taken here Long Survey
Update 1/6/2016: Keith says that 16 Long Surveys have been filled out, of which at least three are tests, so at least we received >10 long survey responses.
To be taken by individual clinicians.
A FINAL PDF of the short survey can be found here File:ShortSurvey.pdf. This is not to be used for conducting the survey, only for documentation purposes.
The short survey (final) can be taken here Short Survey (FINAL version, updated October 30th). This is the general link that can be distributed to any provider wanting to take the survey EXCEPT for those in AAFP, ACP, AHA, and AMA organizations, which will each have their own link (distributed privately, not posted on this page)
Short Survey Results
The following slide decks from Bob Dieterle were posted as of February 24th, 2016, with a significant update on March 12th. .
Short Survey -- Final (all responses): the "Red deck" -- File:Relevant and Pertinent Short Survey segmented 1.1.ppt -- Updated March 12th, 2016. This includes answers to several key questions segmented by primary care( Family/General Practice, Pediatrics, Ob/Gyn), Internal Medicine, and Specialty Care. Additional slides are included for: Receipt of ToC experience, Issues, Hospital Discharge sections (weighted averages), and Ambulatory Visit sections (weighted averages).
Short Survey Summary: the "Green deck" -- File:Relevant and Pertinent Short Survey Summary.ppt -- updated July 11, 2016 (minor correction).
Short Survey -- Final (only includes responses from those with experience receiving ToC documents): the "Blue deck" -- File:Relevant and Pertinent Short Survey -- received ToC only -- Final.ppt
Slide deck and brief letter introducing the results of the short survey, explaining the above three decks. Sent to participants in the C-CDA Rendering Challenge in early May, 2016. File:RnP Results Intro.ppt slides and File:RnP Results Intro for Rendering Challenge.doc letter.
Preliminary information as of the 1/20 meeting has been moved to the minutes of that meeting.
Liaisons to Organizations
Listed alphabetically by organization. Members of the project team volunteered to be liaisons to reach out to professional societies and other organizations who have committed to the short and/or long surveys, or who are considering them. This list is based on discussions and minutes from September 23rd, but is not necessarily complete and may contain errors. Where known, the primary contact IN each organization is listed in parentheses.
- American Association of Family Practitioners (AAFP) -- Bob Dieterle
- American College of Physicians (ACP) -- Bob Dieterle
- American Hospital Association (AHA) -- David Tao, Lisa Nelson (AHA: Chantal Worzala)
- American Medical Association (AMA) -- Bob Dieterle
- CHIME -- David Tao (CHIME: Mari Savickis)
- Department of Defense (DoD) -- Brett Marquard
- EHR Association (EHRA) -- Keith Boone
- Federal Health Architecture -- Keith Boone
- Health Story Project -- Mark Roche, Lisa Nelson (HSP: Mari Greenberger)
- HIMSS Interoperability/HIE Committee -- Mark Roche (HIMSS IHIE: Mari Greenberger)
- HIMSS Usability Committee -- Keith Boone
- Taconic IPA -- Holly Miller
- UPMC -- Keith Boone
- Veterans Administration (VA) -- Brett Marquard
BackgroundSee RnP Development for Historical Materials
Copyright © Health Level Seven International ® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The reproduction of this material in any form is strictly forbidden without the written permission of the publisher.