Reasons for RIMBAA
Revision as of 11:05, 31 July 2011 by Rene spronk
What are the (business) reasons as to why one should embrace RIMBAA?
- RIMBAA results in software being less sensitive to changes in terms of scope: if one adds new functionality, or new domains - the RIM is a uniform model accross all healthcare domains.
- RIMBAA enables enhanced, granular decision support (and: Business Intelligence).
- RIMBAA decreases the cost of implementing decision support (and: Business Intelligence).
- RIMBAA preserves the full semantics (no translations) if one uses MDD based on constrained RIM-based models (e.g. CDA, or an R-MIM)
- RIMBAA results in software being less sensitive to technology changes. Given the model, it would be easier to port an application to a new language or platform.