RPS Project Notes22122009
Date: December 8, 2009
Time: 7:30 AM EST – 8:30 AM EST
HL7 Telecon: 770-657-9270 Participant Passcode: 745896
The agenda is as follows:
- Updates – Project Status for RPS R2 activities (if any)
- Review of RPS R2 Ballot Materials
- Review of the RPS R3 Project Scope Statement
- Other topics?
Review of the RPS R3 Project Scope Statement
- Discussion of the ISO processes need to be understood further to understand if ISO Fast Track or JIC process; there is a concern within the device community that there will not be enough participation among the international device community if the standard is taken through the ISO Fast Track.
- The following suggested text will be edited by Geoff Williams and redistributed to the RPS listserve for final comments:"These communication activities are also seen as a precursor to the activity to move RPS R3 into the ISO standard for all regulatory products. The project will explore the potential paths for the ISO process to meet the needs of all stakeholders."
- Need to seek guidance from the experts at HL7 and/or ISO to get further guidance on the processes and implication of participation of all of the regulated product areas. Need to seek this information in Phoenix WGM, any formal discussions will be communicated to the group.
- Joe Cipollina, Karin Sailor, Mark Gray and Marti Velezis are to complete this action item during the WGM in January. Any others interested in the topic should contact one of us. This group will communicate any findings and/or formal discussions of the topic on the listserve.
- RPS R3 - Should have a subgroup that will be responsible for the development of the vocabularies necessary for the implementation of the RPS R3 standard. This should be referenced in the project plan.
- Peggy Leizear will be forwarding the RPS R3 Project Scope Statement to the RCRIM WGM for preliminary discussions on January 5, 2010.
January 2010 RPS R2 Ballot Materials
Jason Rock reviewed the RPS R2 Ballot information and provided an overview of the voting site.
RPS R2 Ballot Information
- To find the ballot materials, navigate to: http://www.hl7.org/v3ballot/html/welcome/environment/index.htm.
- To locate the RPS R2 materials, navigate the tree to: Universal | Regulated Products | Regulated Product Submissions
- RPS R2 Ballot information- Narrative materials; RMIM (navigate by clicking on the links to see the information about the Acts, Roles, Entities, Act Relationships - and their attributes, etc.), HMD (generated from the RMIM - XLS version of the model)
- To view the schemas, navigate on the ballot site to: Supporting Files | Schemas | Multicache Schemas | Domain: Regulated Products; download via the links for the RPS R2 specific schemas; Schema is considered non-normative because it is generated by the RMIM model.
- For voting, navigate to: http://www.hl7.org/ctl.cfm?action=ballots.home&ballot_cycle_id=519&ballot_voter_id=0
- You need to be a member to vote; non-members may pay administrative fees to vote for individual ballots.
- When you are signed in, you will have a Vote and Tally tab; The Vote tab will show your ballot pools and a list of the open ballots for January 2010 Ballot cycle (hint - sometimes the site has glitches - if you do not see your ballot pools, click on the January 2010 Ballot cycle in the left hand pane to refresh the page).
- Tally tab will show all ballot pool statistics; if you click the link for the ballot, you will see the list of ballot participants and their voting results - any uploaded comments will have a link in the Upld? column.
- Substantive Changes to the model - needs to go through the another ballot cycle
- Changes to wording or the text - vote through RCRIM for changes
Join the ballot pool by January 4, 2010; if you do not sign-up by this date you will not be able to vote
Post Ballot comments by January 11,2010.
Next meeting: Tuesday, January 5, 2010 at 7:30 AM EST - 8:30 AM EST
Note: RPS R3 Project Scope statement will be presented at the RCRIM Meeting Tuesday, January 5, 2010 at 10:00 AM EST - 11:00 AM EST; RCRIM telecon is: 770-657-9270 Participant Passcode: 745896 (same as RPS)
Copyright © Health Level Seven International ® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The reproduction of this material in any form is strictly forbidden without the written permission of the publisher.