Quality Reporting Document Architecture Category 3
Quality Reporting Document Architecture (QRDA) Category 3 Project
To return to the >> Clinical Quality Information Work Group Page
To return to the >> Structured Documents Work Group Page
The Quality Reporting Document Architecture (QRDA) project is developing a standard for communicating health care quality measurement information. The standard conforms to the requirements of the Health Level Seven (HL7) Clinical Document Architecture Release 2.0 (CDA).
A QRDA Category III report is an aggregate quality report. Each report contains calculated summary data for one or more measures for a specified population of patients within a particular health system over a specific period of time. Data needed to generate QRDA Category II and QRDA Category III reports must be included in the collected QRDA Category I reports, as the processing entity will not have access to additional data sources.
A QRDA Category III Implementation Guide has been published as a draft standard for trial use, and will direct implementers on how to construct QRDA Category III instances in conformance with HITECH eMeasures to represent the query results obtained from the distributed queries. This work effort further aligns with the work taking place in HL7 to update the Health Quality Measure Format (HQMF) Implementation Guide. In addition, this project leverages and harmonizes similar activities within and outside HL7 to avoid duplication of existing efforts.
QRDA Cat III Draft Standards for Trial Use (DSTU)
Download the current version of QRDA Cat III DSTU from HL7 at: http://www.hl7.org/implement/standards/product_brief.cfm?product_id=286
The QRDA Cat 3 project team has completed its work. Please contact the current project facilitators listed here if you have any questions.
No project meetings are being held since publication of the DSTU on 11/27/2012
The historical project documentation is provided below. Please download a copy of the current draft of the DSTU on the HL7 site at: http://www.hl7.org/implement/standards/product_brief.cfm?product_id=286
Historical Documents and Resources -
- QRDA Cat 3 Ballot Development Mtg Minutes_2012.07.24.doc
- QRDA Cat 3 Ballot Development Mtg Minutes_2012.07.31.doc
- QRDA Cat 3 Ballot Development Mtg Minutes_2012.08.07.doc
- QRDA Cat 3 Ballot Development Mtg Minutes_2012.08.14.doc
- QRDA Cat 3 Ballot Development Mtg Minutes_2012.08.21.doc
- QRDA Cat 3 QRDA Cat III example.docx Design Considerations - example walkthrough - Aug 7th
- Data Element Review by Patty Craig - Joint Commission - Aug 7th
- QRDA Cat 3 Draft Implementation Guide.doc
- QRDA Cat 3 Aug 14th Meeting Supporting Documents
- CDAR2_IG_QRDA_CATIII_RI_AUG HL7 implementation guide package - Aug 21st
- CDAR2_QRDA_R1_U2_2012SEPAmalgamated.xls - Final version - completed Ballot Reconciliation spreadsheet - Nov 8th
- QRDA Cat 3 Pre-publication Review Draft Implementation Guide - Nov 20th
See the QRDA Category III DSTU website for a full list of approved QRDA Category III errata: http://www.hl7.org/dstucomments/showdetail.cfm?dstuid=90
Copyright © Health Level Seven International ® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The reproduction of this material in any form is strictly forbidden without the written permission of the publisher.