Prognosis FHIR Resource Proposal
- 1 Prognosis
- 1.1 Owning committee name
- 1.2 Contributing or Reviewing Work Groups
- 1.3 FHIR Resource Development Project Insight ID
- 1.4 Scope of coverage
- 1.5 RIM scope
- 1.6 Resource appropriateness
- 1.7 Expected implementations
- 1.8 Content sources
- 1.9 Example Scenarios
- 1.10 Resource Relationships
- 1.11 Timelines
- 1.12 gForge Users
Owning committee name
Contributing or Reviewing Work Groups
FHIR Resource Development Project Insight ID
Scope of coverage
Prognosis describes the expected outcome for a particular subject based on an analysis of present condition and surrounding factors. It typically includes probability assessments for a variety of potential outcomes. It may be generated by clinicians or by automated decision support tools. The resource covers both human and animal subjects as well as groups. It applies to all clinical disciplines as well as public health. It is not specific to any delivery environment or region.
Prognosis is a well understood concept in clinical medicine. Risk assessments and evaluation of likely outcomes is a key step in the management of many conditions. While a prognosis may be supported by various inputs such as Observations, FamilyHistory, Conditions, etc., the Prognosis itself is a separate statement that is authored and maintained as a separate record.
This element will be used as part of the QUICK model - the harmonized logical model for clinical decision support and quality metrics. It will also be used in the ClinicalGenomic pedigree model to capture the results of a genetic risk assessment.
- Clinical Genomics pedigree model
- QUICK logical model
- Risk assessment for future health conditions based on a genetic family history assessment
- Evaluation of likely outcomes from an oncology assessment
- Population risk assessment based on immunization coverage and outbreak information
- Observation, FamilyHistory, Condition, Procedure and potentially other resources can be taken as "source" information used in developing the prognosis
- Condition will frequently be the target of a prognosis
- Patient and Group will be the subject of a prognosis
To be published as at least a draft for the Jan 2015 FHIR DSTU release
Copyright © Health Level Seven International ® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The reproduction of this material in any form is strictly forbidden without the written permission of the publisher.