- 1 Product Brief - HL7 V3: Claims & Reimbursements
- 1.1 Product Name
- 1.2 Topics
- 1.3 Standard Category
- 1.4 Integration Paradigm
- 1.5 Type
- 1.6 Releases
- 1.7 Summary
- 1.8 Description
- 1.9 Business Case (Intended Use, Customers)
- 1.10 Benefits
- 1.11 Implementations/ Case Studies (Actual Users)
- 1.12 Resources
- 1.13 Relationship to/ Dependencies on, other standards
- 1.14 Links to current projects in development
Product Brief - HL7 V3: Claims & Reimbursements
HL7 V3: Claims & Reimbursements
- Coverage Extension
- Payment Advice
- Special Authorization
- SOFA (Statement of Financial Activity)
- Health Information Exchange Standards
Normative, ANSI standard
- ANSI/HL7 V3 CR: R1-2004, R2-2004, R3-2005, R4-2008;
- DSTU: HL7 V3 CR SA, R4 - Special Authorization R1
The Claims and Reimbursement (CR) Domain is one of several areas within Healthcare Services for which HL7 is defining messaging standards. CR pertains to the invoicing (including authorization and eligibility verification), adjudication and payment (including adjustments and account queries) of Healthcare Services.
The CR domain is one of two financial domains that make up the Financial (FI) sub-section within the Administrative Management (AM) section. FIAB is the domain for patient accounting (charges, etc.) whereas FICR deals with requests for payments (claims, invoices).
All of the interactions within the CR Domain assume the participants know the detailed information about Providers, Insurance Companies and Patients, because there is a shared repository of information that exists between the receiver and sender and therefore, details on these elements are not expected in messages.
This document provides support for Generic, Pharmacy, Preferred Accommodation, Physician, Oral Health, Vision Care and Hospital claims for eligibility, authorization, coverage extension, pre-determination, invoice adjudication, payment advice and Statement of Financial Activity (SOFA). Release 3 of this document adds claims messaging support for Physician, Oral Health, Vision Care and Hospital claims.
These interactions include Query Eligibility, Authorization, Coverage Extension, Pre-Determination, Invoice (claim), Adjudication Results, Payment Advice and Statement of Financial Activity (SOFA).
Business Case (Intended Use, Customers)
- Provider: Healthcare Institutions (hospitals, long term care, home care, mental health)
- Vendor: Health Care IT
- Local and State Departments of Health
Implementations/ Case Studies (Actual Users)
- See more at http://www.hl7.org/implement/training.cfm
Relationship to/ Dependencies on, other standards
Links to current projects in development
Copyright © Health Level Seven International ® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The reproduction of this material in any form is strictly forbidden without the written permission of the publisher.