Media FHIR Resource Proposal
- 1 media
- 1.1 Owning committee name
- 1.2 Contributing or Reviewing Work Groups
- 1.3 FHIR Resource Development Project Insight ID
- 1.4 Scope of coverage
- 1.5 RIM scope
- 1.6 Resource appropriateness
- 1.7 Expected implementations
- 1.8 Content sources
- 1.9 Example Scenarios
- 1.10 Resource Relationships
- 1.11 Timelines
- 1.12 gForge Users
Owning committee name
Up to the completion of the first ballot it is temporarily owned by FHIR Core Team
Contributing or Reviewing Work Groups
Image Integration will use this resource of diagnostic images. Patient Administration may use this for images of patients and Orders and Observations may use this for recording observations of (for example) skin conditions.
FHIR Resource Development Project Insight ID
Scope of coverage
A picture is any image used in healthcare. It may be a diagnostic image (such as an X-Ray picture), or it may be for identification (such as an identity picture of a staff member or patient) or it may be a picture of a particular patient condition (such as a rash).
Picture may also be taken to mean moving images (video) as well as stills.
It is possible that sound recordings should be included or even the resource generalised to Media.
Diagnostic images and medical photographs are well established concept. Use of photographs for identification is also common.
Hugh Glover 11:24, 18 June 2013 (UTC): The resource itself asks if the resource should be a more general media resource
Most real world implementations will have to use this concept at some point. Hugh Glover 11:24, 18 June 2013 (UTC): Any offers for a more specific implementation?
Hugh Glover 11:24, 18 June 2013 (UTC): ????
- Keeping one or more diagnostic images for a patient
- Adding a photograph to a staff member's personnel record
- Adding a photograph of a patient's skin condition to their record
- Observation Hugh Glover 11:24, 18 June 2013 (UTC): Actually observation says "attachment"
- Patient - currently in demographics
Ready for ballot in September 2013
Copyright © Health Level Seven International ® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The reproduction of this material in any form is strictly forbidden without the written permission of the publisher.