Invoice FHIR Resource Proposal
- 1 Invoice
- 1.1 Owning committee name
- 1.2 Committee Approval Date:
- 1.3 Contributing or Reviewing Work Groups
- 1.4 FHIR Resource Development Project Insight ID
- 1.5 Scope of coverage
- 1.6 RIM scope
- 1.7 Resource appropriateness
- 1.8 Expected implementations
- 1.9 Content sources
- 1.10 Example Scenarios
- 1.11 Resource Relationships
- 1.12 Timelines
- 1.13 gForge Users
- 1.14 When Resource Proposal Is Complete
Owning committee name
Committee Approval Date:
24 Jan 2017
Contributing or Reviewing Work Groups
FHIR Resource Development Project Insight ID
Scope of coverage
The existing Claim resource is constricted to use cases where Claims are sent to insurances for reimbursement, in a message-like style. It neither references ChargeItems nor Accounts
It doesn't not cover use cases where existing ChargeItems in an Account are used to create an Invoice to be sent out to Individuals or Organizations in a document-style.
Unlike the Claim resource it reflect the perspective of the (healthcare) service providing organization.
An invoice is a financial document issued by a Healthcare provider to a patient or a payer indicating the goods and services (ChargeItems) performed with their quantities and prices. The invoice is the hospital’s view, whereas the Claim is the payer’s view on the performed services.
Tracking Financial information is vital in Patient Administration and Finance systems in most Healthcare Organizations. This resource provides the individual items to track.
- Any solution that tracks billing information and needs to issue invoices
Existing normative V3 and V2 specifications
- Reference to Account (account)
- Reference to ChargeItems (items)
- Reference to Encounter/EpisodeOfCare (via Account) (context)
- Reference to Patient|Group (subject)
- Reference to any type of Request/Referal (basedOn) (via Account)
- Reference to any type of Event (service)
- Payor (Organization|Patient|RelatedPerson)
The aim is to have a draft (Maturity 0) ready for 4.0 timeline.
When Resource Proposal Is Complete
When you have completed your proposal, please send an email to FMGcontact@HL7.org
Copyright © Health Level Seven International ® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The reproduction of this material in any form is strictly forbidden without the written permission of the publisher.