HL7 Stability Standard Implementation Guide Teleconference Minutes 2012-08-06
HL7 Stability Standard Pilot/Implementation Guide Teleconference Minutes
August 6, 2012
Attendees: Norman Gregory (CVM), Amy Malla (CBER), Catherine Hosage-Norman, Mike Yang (ScienTek Software), Edward Pec (Abbott Laboratories), and Art Griesser (Promethues)
- The attached file (http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/docmanfileversion/6909/9564/DataTypes.zip) is the Data Types Document discussed at the 8/6/12 teleconference. Save file and change extension from .zep to .zip. PLEASE look at this document and be prepared to discuss at the August 13th teleconference, we have important decision to make on how PQ and ST data types will be handled.
- In the IG referenceRange is mandatory. Schematron checks for referenceRange if there is no child element. Schematromn will be changed to check for referencRange for parent and child elements.
- ST data types, HL7 schema does not check for syntax.
- PQ data type with ST value type.
- PQ needs to be numeric? If LOD or LOQ report 0.00 (depending on specification significant figures) and in comment put LOD or LOQ. Allow PQ data type for referenceRange to have a ST data value? Would we need controlled terminology? How would you have a reference value of <0.02%?
- How to handle “report only”? Reference value NA and comment would be “report only”. Need to add to IG examples and it passes schemtron.
Agenda for August 13, 2012 Teleconference:
- We will continue to use Adobe connect (to join the meeting: https://collaboration.fda.gov/hl7/)
- Data types discussion
- Outstanding issues
Copyright © Health Level Seven International ® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The reproduction of this material in any form is strictly forbidden without the written permission of the publisher.