Group FHIR Resource Proposal
- 1 Group
- 1.1 Owning committee name
- 1.2 Contributing or Reviewing Work Groups
- 1.3 FHIR Resource Development Project Insight ID
- 1.4 Scope of coverage
- 1.5 RIM scope
- 1.6 Resource appropriateness
- 1.7 Expected implementations
- 1.8 Content sources
- 1.9 Example Scenarios
- 1.10 Resource Relationships
- 1.11 Timelines
- 1.12 gForge Users
- 1.13 Issues
Owning committee name
Contributing or Reviewing Work Groups
All work groups may have cause to use this resource at some time, but no one group has a special requirement.
FHIR Resource Development Project Insight ID
Scope of coverage
A group represents a defined collection of entities that may be discussed or acted upon collectively but which are not expected to act collectively and are not formally or legally recognized as such. Members of such a group will be identifiable "things" of some form, for example Patients, Practitioners, Devices, Medicines.
Groups may have a business identifier and as such constitute an entity in their own right outside FHIR (unlike lists which may be of a specific type, but are not identifiable as list instances other than by means of their FHIR URL).
Groups may be defined by criteria for inclusion or by enumeration (unlike lists which can only be enumerated). As well, the specific members of the Group may not be known - or even relevant, while with List, they must always be known.
classCode may be used to further specify the type of resource that the group refers to. Specific members are instances used to define the "kind"
Dealing with collections of objects is a universal concept both in healthcare and in information modelling. Most commonly used in public health, clinical trials, research, etc.
Most real world implementations will have to use this concept at some point. In part created to ensure that existing structures aren't misused
- PHER DMIM
- RCRIM DMIM (eligibility criteria)
- Defining a set of patients participating in a group therapy
- Defining 3 different treatment groups
- Listing available devices for use
Hugh Glover 10:10, 18 June 2013 (UTC): This is a very generic - any offers for some additional specific uses ...
- Any resource that has a subject may have reason to refer to a group rather than an individual - Document and DeviceObservation do this as can MedicationPrescription.
- Group links to the resource instances that are members of the group
Ready for ballot in September 2013
Hugh Glover 10:10, 18 June 2013 (UTC) Not sure about scope, definition implies member of group could be any resource, but the group resource definition only explicitly mentions Patient, Practitioner, Device and Medication.
Hugh Glover 10:10, 18 June 2013 (UTC): Any offers for a more specific implementation?
Copyright © Health Level Seven International ® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The reproduction of this material in any form is strictly forbidden without the written permission of the publisher.