Getting Started with CIMI
The CIMI Getting Started Guide will help you get acquainted with CIMI or get you on your way to becoming a productive contributor to the Open CIMI community.
- Please note that this page is currently in development (maintained by Claude Nanjo)
Where can I find the model files?
CIMI models are maintained on two HL7 CIMI Github Repositories.
Where can I view the models?
What we call the CIMI Logical Model consists of two parts:
- The CIMI Reference Model. This model defines the structure of the logical model - that is, its classes and the properties of those classes. It can be viewed here.
- The CIMI Archetypes. Archetypes are constraints on the reference model such as terminology bindings, data type constraints, and cardinality constraints. Archetypes can be viewed here.
What about CIMI Tooling?
There are three general categories of CIMI tools:
- HL7 Build Tools consist of all build tools to support model documentation and the publishing of CIMI models. They can be found on the HL7 CIMI Github site.
- CIMI also fosters an open source community which contributes tooling to advance the CIMI initiative. These tools reside on the OpenCIMI Github site.
- Other contributors may also host CIMI tooling on their own repositories. A list of such tools will be published here in the future.
I would like to learn more about CIMI. Are there documents I could read?
If you are ready to fully immerse yourself in all things CIMI, we recommend reading the following documents:
- The CIMI architecture and core principles are documented here.
- The CIMI style guide provides some helpful instructions for building CIMI models and can be found here.
The above documents are dense. How can I get quickly oriented with core CIMI concepts?
We are currently working on a tutorial to help get you oriented with the CIMI modeling approach. It will be available here soon.
Copyright © Health Level Seven International ® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The reproduction of this material in any form is strictly forbidden without the written permission of the publisher.