Extend usage of ExecutionAndDeliveryTime
This is a page of type Category:InM Closed Action Items.
- 20100120: Closed - already in the RIM: Rene.
- Working group: InM
- Author: René Spronk, on behalf of NICTIZ, the Netherlands.
- Status: Harmonization the change has been made in the RIM description of the attribute. Open issues for InM are
- to make updates to the query wrapper domain if and when R2 is being published.
- to make the necessary changes to the v2.x material
This proposal seeks to extend the use of the (v3) QueryByParameter.executionAndDeliveryTime attribute and the equivalent (v2) RCP-4 field. The HL7 standard only specifies how executionAndDeliveryTime is to be interpreted if the query priority (RCP-1 or responsePriorityCode) is D (Deferred).
This proposal adds a definition for the interpretation of QueryByParameter.executionAndDeliveryTime/RCP-4 in case the query priority is I (Immediate).
For Immediate queries: to specify a point in time before which the responding system should have send a response. This to avoid waiting for an undefined period of length by a system that has just sent a query.
The responding system may elect to send a query-response with zero results in it, forcing the querying system to send a 'query continuation interaction' to get hold of a next part of the result set.
From the current specifications (see quotes below) I conclude that:
- If the query priority is D, then executionAndDeliveryTime/RCP-4 should be interpreted as the point in time when the response should be sent.
The current definitions (especially in v3) are somewhat vague/incomplete:
Definition of RCP-4:
220.127.116.11 RCP-4 Execution and Delivery Time (DTM) 01441 Definition: Specifies the time the response is to be returned. This field is only valued when RCP-1-Query priority contains the value D (Deferred).
The RIM specifies:
18.104.22.168 QuerySpec.executionAndDeliveryTime:: TS (0..1) Definition:Specifies the time the response is to be returned.
- If the query priority is I, then the responding system should send a response as soon as possible, but no later than the time specified executionAndDeliveryTime/RCP-4.
- v2: description of RCP-4.
- Definition: Specifies the timing of the response. If RCP-1-Query priority contains the value I this field should be interpreted as 'the latest point in time the response SHOULD be returned'. If RCP-1-Query priority contains the value D this field should be interpreted as 'the exact point in time the response should be returned'.
- v3: (needs a harmonization proposal) QuerySpec.executionAndDeliveryTime
- Definition: Specifies the timing of the response. If responsePriorityCode contains the value I this field SHOULD be interpreted as 'the latest point in time the response should be returned'. If responsePriorityCode contains the value D this field should be interpreted as 'the exact point in time the response should be returned'.
20080917, WGM, Vancouver, Motion to adopt (Rene/Address, 9-0-1)
Copyright © Health Level Seven International ® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The reproduction of this material in any form is strictly forbidden without the written permission of the publisher.