Difference between revisions of "DoF 2016-11-02"

From HL7Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
(Agenda/Minutes: Updated per previous discussion)
(Updated with discussion notes)
 
Line 6: Line 6:
  
 
==Attendees==
 
==Attendees==
* TBD
+
* <span style="color:#0000FF"> Todd Cooper (BSF), Chris Courville (Epic), John Dyer (Draeger), Ken Fuchs (C4MI), John Garguilo (NIST), Stefan Karl (Philips), Bill Kleinebecker (StrategicPathways), J. Uwe Meyer (MT2IT), Brian Nantz (GE),  Brian Reinhold (LNI),  John Rhoads (Philips), Paul Sherman (IHE PCD)
  
Regrets:  TBD
+
Regrets:  None
  
 
==Agenda/Minutes==
 
==Agenda/Minutes==
 
* '''Introductions, Agenda Review''', etc.
 
* '''Introductions, Agenda Review''', etc.
 
* '''Approve Minutes''' from previous call  [[DoF_2016-10-12 | 2016.10.12]]  &  [[DoF_2016-10-26 | 2016.10.26]]  
 
* '''Approve Minutes''' from previous call  [[DoF_2016-10-12 | 2016.10.12]]  &  [[DoF_2016-10-26 | 2016.10.26]]  
 +
::- <span style="color:#0000FF">  Both approved.
 
* '''Activity / Action Item Review'''
 
* '''Activity / Action Item Review'''
 
::- X73 Mapping Update (Rhoads)
 
::- X73 Mapping Update (Rhoads)
 +
::::* <span style="color:#0000FF"> John Rhoads has expanded the content on the wiki pages especially for non-11073 readers
 +
::::::- <span style="color:#0000FF"> See [[DoF_Semantic_Content_Mapping#Mapping_Discussion_Materials | Semantic Content Mapping / Mapping Discussion Materials section]]
 +
::::::- <span style="color:#0000FF"> Also [[Mapping_between_ISO/IEEE_11073-10201_Domain_Information_Model,_IHE_PCD_DEC,_and_FHIR_Resources#Differences_in_Modeling_Point-of-Care_Device_versus_Personal_Health_Devices_.28ISO.2FIEEE_11073-20601_and_-104xx.29 | PoCD vs. PHD Mapping to FHIR]]
 +
::::::- <span style="color:#0000FF"> '''ACTION'''( All ):  Review the pages and provide feedback to John Rhoads
 +
::::::- <span style="color:#0000FF"> NOTE:  Brian and John will meet separately to discuss various technical issues (e.g., around the use of OBX-4); will bring it back to the group next week
 +
::::::- <span style="color:#0000FF"> NOTE:  This content should ultimately end up in the IG
 
::- [http://wiki.hl7.org/images/0/0a/Information_Models_and_Tools_Integration_HL7-PSS_2016-10-25.pdf CIMI "Info Models & Tools Integration" PSS] @ DoF Review  
 
::- [http://wiki.hl7.org/images/0/0a/Information_Models_and_Tools_Integration_HL7-PSS_2016-10-25.pdf CIMI "Info Models & Tools Integration" PSS] @ DoF Review  
 +
::::* <span style="color:#0000FF"> Group discussed and unanimously '''APPROVED''' having the HL7 DEV WG added as a co-sponsor to the PSS, with John Rhoads as an SME, Brian Reinhold as a PHD SME and Todd Cooper as a general DEV / DoF co-sponsor representative.
 
::- CPs / Ballot Comment Review (Courville)
 
::- CPs / Ballot Comment Review (Courville)
 
::::* Review Follow-Up from previous meeting [[DoF_2016-10-26 | 2016.10.26]]
 
::::* Review Follow-Up from previous meeting [[DoF_2016-10-26 | 2016.10.26]]
 
::::* Next set of CPs & Ballot Comments  
 
::::* Next set of CPs & Ballot Comments  
 +
::::::- <span style="color:#0000FF"> Chris lead the group through resolutions of
 +
::::::::* <span style="color:#0000FF"> CP #11044:  CLOSED  Chris will update; add tracker comment that DeviceMetric is not an observation and thus should stay in the Admin. module
 +
::::::::* <span style="color:#0000FF"> CP #10575:  CLOSED  Chris will open another consolidated tracker item and refer this to that item;  Brian explained that the issue is how to handle hydra device specializations that include multiple '''''profiles''''' (e.g., pulse ox & thermometer);  group pointed out that this was the intended use of DeviceComponent
 +
::::::::* <span style="color:#0000FF"> CP #10574:  CLOSED  Chris and Todd will work to update the indicated out-of-date text in the DeviceMetric specifications
 +
::::::::* <span style="color:#0000FF"> CP #9592  COMMENT ADDED  Unclear what the use case was that drove this use case; added a comment that the group generally has no problem with the request; however, it would like to know what is motivating the change, so they can be sure
 +
::::::- <span style="color:#0000FF"> NEXT STEPS:  Chris will consolidate some of the other open CP's and discuss next Wednesday; will try to have technical discussions first and then present agreed resolutions to the group next week.
 +
 
* '''Connectathon / Showcase Planning'''
 
* '''Connectathon / Showcase Planning'''
 
::- Bi-weekly Virtual Connectathon Update
 
::- Bi-weekly Virtual Connectathon Update
 
::- November DevDays Continua Connectathon Update
 
::- November DevDays Continua Connectathon Update
 +
::::* <span style="color:#0000FF"> No updates available;  not clear if / how the DoF work will be integrated into the PHD / Continua track
 
::- January Connectathon Track Proposal Discussion
 
::- January Connectathon Track Proposal Discussion
 
::::* Update from CDS Discussion
 
::::* Update from CDS Discussion
::::* Review proposal wiki page @ TBD
+
::::::- <span style="color:#0000FF"> Last Friday Todd, Brian and Uwe discussed with CDS Collaborative representatives (Emory & Claude) what use cases they would like to see;
 +
::::::- <span style="color:#0000FF"> Bottom line:  Ball is in the DoF court to identify what we want to do and then take it back to the CDS group
 +
::::* Review proposal wiki page @ [[FHIR_Connectathon_14 | 2017 January San Antonio FHIR Connectathon #14]]
 +
::::::- <span style="color:#0000FF"> No additional use cases were suggested
 +
::::::- <span style="color:#0000FF"> '''ACTION''' ( Todd )  Create and link in a new Device Integration track wiki page for January
 
* '''Topic:  Coincident Timestamp Pair Encoding Proposal'''  (Reinhold)
 
* '''Topic:  Coincident Timestamp Pair Encoding Proposal'''  (Reinhold)
 +
::- <span style="color:#0000FF"> DEFERRED again to next week
 +
::- <span style="color:#0000FF"> Brian explained that this is an approach for how PHD devices (which are low cost, "cheap", have no NTP/SNTP support) address time stamps that are validated and possibly corrected by the gateway, which is time sync'd;  Question is if and how this might be addressed in FHIR exchanges
 +
::- <span style="color:#0000FF"> NOTE:  This too should be in the IG
 
* '''Topic:  DEV WG FHIR PSS - Review & Planning''' (Cooper)
 
* '''Topic:  DEV WG FHIR PSS - Review & Planning''' (Cooper)
 
+
::- <span style="color:#0000FF"> Deferred - ran out of time
 
* '''Plan next meeting''' - '''''[[DoF_2016-11-09 | 2016.11.09]]'''''
 
* '''Plan next meeting''' - '''''[[DoF_2016-11-09 | 2016.11.09]]'''''

Latest revision as of 23:02, 2 November 2016

Meeting Information

WebEx (incl. VOIP): CLICK HERE
Phone: +1 770-657-9270
Participant Code: 432584

Attendees

  • Todd Cooper (BSF), Chris Courville (Epic), John Dyer (Draeger), Ken Fuchs (C4MI), John Garguilo (NIST), Stefan Karl (Philips), Bill Kleinebecker (StrategicPathways), J. Uwe Meyer (MT2IT), Brian Nantz (GE), Brian Reinhold (LNI), John Rhoads (Philips), Paul Sherman (IHE PCD)

Regrets: None

Agenda/Minutes

- Both approved.
  • Activity / Action Item Review
- X73 Mapping Update (Rhoads)
  • John Rhoads has expanded the content on the wiki pages especially for non-11073 readers
- See Semantic Content Mapping / Mapping Discussion Materials section
- Also PoCD vs. PHD Mapping to FHIR
- ACTION( All ): Review the pages and provide feedback to John Rhoads
- NOTE: Brian and John will meet separately to discuss various technical issues (e.g., around the use of OBX-4); will bring it back to the group next week
- NOTE: This content should ultimately end up in the IG
- CIMI "Info Models & Tools Integration" PSS @ DoF Review
  • Group discussed and unanimously APPROVED having the HL7 DEV WG added as a co-sponsor to the PSS, with John Rhoads as an SME, Brian Reinhold as a PHD SME and Todd Cooper as a general DEV / DoF co-sponsor representative.
- CPs / Ballot Comment Review (Courville)
  • Review Follow-Up from previous meeting 2016.10.26
  • Next set of CPs & Ballot Comments
- Chris lead the group through resolutions of
  • CP #11044: CLOSED Chris will update; add tracker comment that DeviceMetric is not an observation and thus should stay in the Admin. module
  • CP #10575: CLOSED Chris will open another consolidated tracker item and refer this to that item; Brian explained that the issue is how to handle hydra device specializations that include multiple profiles (e.g., pulse ox & thermometer); group pointed out that this was the intended use of DeviceComponent
  • CP #10574: CLOSED Chris and Todd will work to update the indicated out-of-date text in the DeviceMetric specifications
  • CP #9592 COMMENT ADDED Unclear what the use case was that drove this use case; added a comment that the group generally has no problem with the request; however, it would like to know what is motivating the change, so they can be sure
- NEXT STEPS: Chris will consolidate some of the other open CP's and discuss next Wednesday; will try to have technical discussions first and then present agreed resolutions to the group next week.
  • Connectathon / Showcase Planning
- Bi-weekly Virtual Connectathon Update
- November DevDays Continua Connectathon Update
  • No updates available; not clear if / how the DoF work will be integrated into the PHD / Continua track
- January Connectathon Track Proposal Discussion
  • Update from CDS Discussion
- Last Friday Todd, Brian and Uwe discussed with CDS Collaborative representatives (Emory & Claude) what use cases they would like to see;
- Bottom line: Ball is in the DoF court to identify what we want to do and then take it back to the CDS group
- No additional use cases were suggested
- ACTION ( Todd ) Create and link in a new Device Integration track wiki page for January
  • Topic: Coincident Timestamp Pair Encoding Proposal (Reinhold)
- DEFERRED again to next week
- Brian explained that this is an approach for how PHD devices (which are low cost, "cheap", have no NTP/SNTP support) address time stamps that are validated and possibly corrected by the gateway, which is time sync'd; Question is if and how this might be addressed in FHIR exchanges
- NOTE: This too should be in the IG
  • Topic: DEV WG FHIR PSS - Review & Planning (Cooper)
- Deferred - ran out of time

Copyright © Health Level Seven International ® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The reproduction of this material in any form is strictly forbidden without the written permission of the publisher.