DeviceUseStatement FHIR Resource Proposal
- 1 DeviceUseStatement
- 1.1 Owning committee name
- 1.2 Contributing or Reviewing Work Groups
- 1.3 FHIR Resource Development Project Insight ID
- 1.4 Scope of coverage
- 1.5 RIM scope
- 1.6 Resource appropriateness
- 1.7 Expected implementations
- 1.8 Content sources
- 1.9 Example Scenarios
- 1.10 Resource Relationships
- 1.11 Timelines
- 1.12 gForge Users
- 1.13 Issues
Owning committee name
Contributing or Reviewing Work Groups
FHIR Resource Development Project Insight ID
Scope of coverage
Note: This resource will be undergoing major revisions to align with the FHIR workflow 'event pattern'.
The DeviceUseStatement resource:
- records ??? the use of a healthcare-related device by a patient. The record is the result of a report of use by the patient or another provider. ???
- is this within the 80% or are observations used?.
- Is it also the 'event' resource in response to the DeviceUseRequest request i.e a record of the Delivery?
- Do we need another resource for this??
- This resource does not address the logistics of supply movement and is not associated with a patient. The SupplyDelivery resource would be used for 'generic' movement of devices.
Lloyd to provide
Resource to record the use/receipt of devices by patient are necessary in healthcare.
- FHIR Wrokflow event template
1) The resource can be used to note the patient reported use of a
- a wheelchair
- hearing aid
- an implanted devices such as a pacemaker.
2) The resource can be used to record the delivery of a ordered device such as:
- bone fixature
- IV Pump
- a home health application
to a patient's room or home
Does there need to be separate Dispense and Statement resources?
Copyright © Health Level Seven International ® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The reproduction of this material in any form is strictly forbidden without the written permission of the publisher.