Da Vinci PDex-plan-net FHIR IG Proposal
Da Vinci Payer Data exchange Plan Network (PDex-plan-net) Implementation Guide
- 1 Owning work group name
- 2 Committee Approval Date:
- 3 Publishing Lead
- 4 Contributing or Reviewing Work Groups
- 5 FHIR Development Project Insight ID
- 6 Scope of coverage
- 7 Content location
- 8 Proposed IG realm and code
- 9 Maintenance Plan
- 10 Short Description
- 11 Long Description
- 12 Involved parties
- 13 Expected implementations
- 14 Content sources
- 15 Example Scenarios
- 16 IG Relationships
- 17 Timelines
- 18 When IG Proposal Is Complete
- 19 FMG Notes
Owning work group name
Committee Approval Date:
Mark Scrimshire, firstname.lastname@example.org
Contributing or Reviewing Work Groups
Attachments, Patient Administration
FHIR Development Project Insight ID
Scope of coverage
This guide will define the exchange methods and interoperability "standards" and specific use of FHIR resources to support Health Plan member-authorized exchange of healthcare directory and pharmacy directory information for members and third-party applications.May also support an unsecured exchange of directory information (depending on final detailed requirements)
Proposed IG realm and code
The Da Vinci project intends to provide ongoing support of this implementation guide.
API-based data exchange to Third-Party Applications via Member-authorized sharing of Health Plan's Healthcare Service Network and Pharmacy Network.
The PDex FHIR IG will support two scenarios:
1. Secure Member-authorized Exchange of information between Payers and Third-Party Applications using OAuth2.0 and FHIR APIs for information sharing via API of a Health Plan's Healthcare Network Directory. 2. Secure Member-authorized Exchange of information between Payers and Third-Party Applications using OAuth2.0 and FHIR APIs for information sharing via API of a Health Plan's Pharmacy Network Directory
May also support an unsecured exchange of directory information (depending on final detailed requirements)
This implementation guide has been developed by U.S. Payer organizations as part of the Da Vinci project.
Requirements are drawn from payer and provider organizations as part of the Da Vinci initiative.
1. An Authenticated Member at a Health Plan will be able to use an OAuth2.0 authorization to permit a Third-Party Application to access the Health Plan's FHIR API to read the Plan's Healthcare Network Directory. 2. An Authenticated Member at a Health Plan will be able to use an OAuth2.0 authorization to permit a Third-Party Application to access the Health Plan's FHIR API to read the Plan's Pharmacy Network Directory.
This guide will reference, where possible, the "standards" defined by the Da Vinci Health Record exchange (HRex) Framework Implementation Guide which in turn will utilize prior work from Argonaut, US Core, and QI Core efforts for FHIR DSTU2, STU3, and R4.
This Guide will also be referenced by the Da Vinci Payer Data Exchange (PDex) Implementation Guide and will in turn reference the Validated Healthcare Directory Implementation Guide.
Submit for STU Ballot 2019 Sep Early Ballot
When IG Proposal Is Complete
When you have completed your proposal, please send an email to FMGcontact@HL7.org
Copyright © Health Level Seven International ® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The reproduction of this material in any form is strictly forbidden without the written permission of the publisher.