Composite Message Type (new wrapper mechanism)
Note: this pages describes new wrappers, these are still being discussed by the INM committee. This work is related to Interaction (new dynamic model). This page also assumes that "top half RIM" classes are used for all models.
The Composite Message Type is the set of static model definitions (wrappers and message types) that define the structures of the data that is transmitted by the Interaction. Committees will explicitly identify all message types associated with a particular information exchange.
In terms of structure the information exchange consists of:
- one Transmission Wrapper (new wrapper mechanism), which contains
- zero or more Behavioral Contract Wrapper (new wrapper mechanism), which in turn contains
- zero or more payload models. (Note: a Query Definition (new wrapper mechanism) is an example payload model).
- The Behavioral Contract Wrapper contains a BehavioralContract act which has a 1..1 relationship with a ControlAct in Event mood. As such the Behavioral Contract Wrapper contains the identification of the Trigger Event.
- The BehavioralContract Act has a recursive Act Relationship to allow for nesting. This can be used (amongst other things) to support a transactional grouping (a.k.a. transactional batching) mechanism.
- The Transmission Wrapper may contain multiple Behavioral Contract Wrappers. This can be used to support a "transmission batching" mechanism.
- In the future, additional levels of wrappers may be supported. For example, a "claims" message might be defined as a wrapper which itself wraps an Act representing the billable act for which an insurance claim is being made.
Copyright © Health Level Seven International ® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The reproduction of this material in any form is strictly forbidden without the written permission of the publisher.