CDS WG Agenda 2012-01
Clinical Decision Support Work Group Agenda January 2012 Work Group Meeting, San Antonio, TX
Primary CDS Work Group meeting will be from Wed Quarter 1 to Thurs Quarter 3 (1/18 and 1/19)
Mon - Wed: Cochair Election (Guilherme Del Fiol seat)
Tue Q2: Joint with AS, PHER (Host: Arden Syntax)
- Discussion topic: Immunization knowledge representation
- ? Patient Care and Patient Safety may have joint session of interest to CDS.
Wed Q1: Joint with SD (in SD room)
- Discussion topics: -->
Bob Dolin: HQMF --> experiences to date; use for decision support; impact of shift in focus from process measures to outcome measures.
Howard Strasberg --> Infobutton Standard, Knowledge Request specification, Release 2
Ken Kawamoto --> update on vMR and OpenCDS
Wed Q2: Joint with O&O (CDS hosting)
- Discussion topics: vMR v2 specification, Order Sets
Wed Q3: Hosting PHER
- Discussion topic:
Ken Kawamoto: OpenCDS immunization project update
Ken Kawamoto: Discussion of update to dose number and doseIsValid indicators on vMR SubstanceAdministrationEvent being needed for multi-component vaccine administrations.
John Roberts: brief update on the progress of the Reportable Condition Mapping Table and the Reportable Condition Knowledgebase, which have the potential to provide the underlying data needed to inform clinicians of the need to report lab results, diagnoses, and cases of communicable disease to public health.
Alean Kirnak: Cross Paradigm Interoperability Immunization Implementation Guide (X-Paradigm project). CDS has expressed interest in co-sponsoring this project. The PSS is found at http://hssp.wikispaces.com/Cross+Paradigm+Interoperability+Implementation+Guide+for+Immunization
Wed Q4: Regular session
- Some representatives to go to Patient Care for discussion on allergies
- Brief discussion on future vMR work, including enhancements needs identified by OpenCDS. Discuss/vote on submitting vMR specifications from Sept 2011 for publication.
- Majority of session: Strategic Planning
Thurs Q1: Regular session
- Discussion topics:
- part of the session: Clinical Genomics items -- some members from CG (e.g., Scott Bolte) attending to discuss CDS/CG topics. Include update on Pedigree work.
- Remaining time: Strategic Planning
Thurs Q2: Regular session
- Discussion topics:
VA GELLO plugin interface (owner: Andrew McIntyre)
Status of V3 GELLO comment ballot (owner: Andrew McIntyre)
Thurs Q3: Regular session
- Discussion topics: Requested: Clayton Curtis -- The purpose of the session is to present experiences with Arden, GELLO, and vmr in the context of the VA CDS Innovation project (project site at https://sites.google.com/site/enhancedcprscds). Topic list to include – all in the context of “what went well, what challenges were encountered, what changes to the standards might be considered as a result” – at least the following (additions / suggestions welcome):
Overview of project goals and architecture Arden Syntax aspects of the project GELLO aspects of the project vMR aspects of the project Web services aspects of the project Communication between Arden and GELLO execution environments – new territory Implementation considerations (caching, performance, etc.) Demonstration of the instance implementation
Thurs Q4: Likely no session, unless agenda fills up otherwise and overflow time required
Potentially relevant Public Health and Emergency Response sessions
Relevant sessions for Cross-Paradigm Interoperability Implementation Guide for Immunizations in HL7 San Antonio the week of January 16:
Tue Q2: Arden Syntax (unconfirmed). Topic: Arden and Immunization Decision Support
Wed Q3: CDS and PHER, hosted by CDS.
Wed Q4: SAIF Architecture Program http://wiki.hl7.org/index.php?title=20120118_SAIF_AP_Meeting
Thurs Q3: SOA with ArB http://hssp.wikispaces.com/event-2012-01-HL7-SanAntonio
Friday Q1 and Q2: Work sessions hosted by SOA (pending room availability)
Project page on SOA wiki:
Potentially relevant Structured Documents sessions
Monday Q2 – state of affairs and ballot timelines for eMeasure and QRDA.
Monday Q3 – QRDA Category 3 and Query Health
Monday Q4 – eMeasures and Public Health reporting (with PHER committee)
Copyright © Health Level Seven International ® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The reproduction of this material in any form is strictly forbidden without the written permission of the publisher.