CDA Implementation Registry
This page provides an overview about existing or ongoing activities on CDA.
CDA Implementation Sites (by country)
Countries outside the US have deeper adoption of CDA. Examples are needed!
- Initiated in 1999
- About 50,000 documents each week
- Clinical documents: Most important capital asset
New York Presbyterian
- “CDA Philosophy”: mix of fielded data and narrative
- Best format for information mining and aggregation across applications
- Clinical notes contain critical information in narrative
- 1/3 of all discharges summaries
Military Health System
- Documents, Files, Images Enhanced AHLTA (DFIEA)
- MHS/VHA Bi-direction Health Information Exchange
- Enterprise Wide Referrals and Authorizations
University of Pittsburgh Medical Center
- Narrative notes using speech recognition, NLP
- Linking radiology reports with PACS-rendered image
- Beth Israel Deaconess, Duke, Kaiser, Trinity, Partners, Ochsner...
EHR Vendors: All EHR vendors who participated in IHE showcase: ala - Epic, Allscripts, NextGen, HBOC, GE etc - there were close to dozen such vendors
Transcription industry: The CDA4CDT is a coalition implementing and promoting the adoption of CDA - a transcription industry initiative -: M*Modal, MedQuist, Spheris, Precyse, Md-inTouch, WebMedX, Interflix and a few more.
- http://www.ringholm.de/download/CDA_R2_examples.zip (40 Mb) - an archive with example CDA instances, as well as implementation guides from multiple countries & projects.
Copyright © Health Level Seven International ® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The reproduction of this material in any form is strictly forbidden without the written permission of the publisher.