The Architecture Board is responsible for the architecture of the HL7 Standards.
The HL7 Architecture Review Board (ARB) seeks to achieve a coherent architecture for HL7 that defines the relationships across and between the HL7 work products and their relationship to other standards, as well as processes, and organizational structure. This architecture includes the Business Architecture by which these work products are produced, managed and governed.
ARB Work Products and Contributions to HL7 Processes
- The Architecture Review Board (ARB) defines and maintains the principles, language, and grammar of the Services Aware Interoperability Framework (SAIF) Canonical Definition (CD).
- As an extension of the SAIF CD, the ARB also defines the mechanisms to ensure consistency of and traceability across and between HL7 standards artifacts from conceptual, logical, and implementable viewpoints.
- The ARB provides guidance and support to work groups submitting artifacts or methodology to ensure they are compliant with the principles and language of the SAIF CD.
- The ARB reviews, using the SAIF-CD review methodology, or evaluates other reviews of work products as requested. In such cases, it provides a report that outlines any deviations from the SAIF CD methodology or measures of quality as documented by the product family methodology group. Where such a work product is sent to full membership ballot, the ARB report shall be included in the ballot package.
- The ARB may review the Mission and Charter and Project Scope statements of HL7 Working Groups when requested. The ARB will consider whether projects undertaken are aligned with HL7s mission.
- The ARB will advise the Technical Steering Committee and Board of Directors on matters relating to architectural aspects of standards artifacts as they are produced by HL7 Working Groups.
- The ARB may review work products when requested to by HL7 Working Groups, the TSC, or at the ARBs discretion.
|Bond,Andy||NEHTA||Kubick, Wayne (CTO)||Health Level Seven, Inc.|
|Constable, Lorraine Co-Chair||Constable Consulting Inc.||Loyd, Patrick||ICode Solutions|
|Hyland, Mario||AEGIS.net, Inc||Milosevic, Zoran||Deontik Pty Ltd|
|Julian, Tony Co-Chair||Mayo Clinic||Stechshin, Andy||CANA Software and Service Ltd|
|Knapp, Paul||Knapp Consulting||Lynch, Cecil||Accenture|
The ArB extends a "Thank you" to Jane Curry , Bo Dagnall, Grahame Grieve, Steve Hufnagel, Charlie Mead, John Koisch, Ron Parker, AbdulMalik Shakir and John Quinn for all of the work they have done to progress the work of the ArB.
- Next WGM Agenda
- Previous WGM Minutes
- All previous minutes are available by date via the Arb_minutes
- Meeting Schedule and Minutes
- Links - those that contextualize Arb
- TSC communications that frame our activities
- Terms of Reference(TBD)
- Efforts we have sunset:
ArB Communication Venues
The many venues ArB uses for communication are found at Communications.
Copyright © Health Level Seven International ® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The reproduction of this material in any form is strictly forbidden without the written permission of the publisher.