AID 201505 Meeting in Paris

From HL7Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Return to: WGM Minutes > 2015 > May Paris

  • These are the minutes of the agenda of the AID HL7 'user group' WGM in Paris (May 2015)
Workgroup Date/Time Location Chair/Scribe
AID HL7 User Group 2015-05-10,
13:45-17:00
Paris, FR Chair/Scribe: Rene Spronk

Attendees

  • Michel Rutten, Furore (last 20 minutes), and 37 others (see image below)

Aid 20150510 attendees.jpg

Minutes

  1. Administrative
    • Call to order at 13:45
    • Rene: as per our DMP I request premission to video record the various presentations.
  2. Use of the FHIR Terminology Resources, building FHIR in XQuery in eXist-db (Alexander Henket, Nictiz, NL, see http://www.hl7.org/documentcenter/public/wg/java/20150510_AID_ART-DECOR-on-FHIR%2020150510.pptx for his presentation sldies, and https://vimeo.com/128054962 for video)
    • Nictiz has developed a tool (kind of a terminology server) based on the FHIR Terminology resources. Alexander will discuss its architecture.
  3. Mapping HL7 V2 to FHIR resources (Kevin Paschke, Heidelberg, DE / Simone Heckmann, Health-Comm, DE, see https://vimeo.com/128126357 for video, and http://www.hl7.org/documentcenter/public/wg/java/20150510_FHIR_Hackathon_AID_Paris.pdf for slides)
    • ..and resolving the problem of updating resources of which we don't know the URL.
  4. FHIR Profile based web form generation using XForms, exist-DB and a CTS2 based Terminology Service (Ben Kraufmann, Fraunhofer FOKUS, DE, see http://www.hl7.org/documentcenter/public/wg/java/20150510_AID_HL7-WGM-2015-AID_Ben-Kraufmann.pptx for a copy of his slides, and https://vimeo.com/128131068 for a video)
    • Fraunhofer FOKUS has developed a concept for the German Electronic Notification System for Infection Protection that is partially based on FHIR.
  5. Lithuanian National Health Record System built on FHIR (Jan Jasinski, Nortal Ltd, Estonia, see http://www.hl7.org/documentcenter/public/wg/java/20150510_AID_Jan_Jasinski_Lithuanian%20NHR_on%20FHIR.PDF for a copy of the slides, and https://vimeo.com/128124191 for a video of his presentation)
    • This talk will share FHIR experience gained during development of Lithuanian National Health Record System. Nortal has an unique position in this project - the company is responsible for developing both integration standard, central system and client software for Hospitals that are running Nortal HIS.
  6. Model based code generation using FHIR and Naked Objects (Oliver Kraus, Upper Austria University of Applied Sciences, AT, see http://www.hl7.org/documentcenter/public/wg/java/20150510_AID_Naked_FHIR_HL7_International.pdf for slides, and https://vimeo.com/128125645 for a video of the presentation)
  7. fhirbase (Николай Рыжиков [Nicola], RU, see http://www.hl7.org/documentcenter/public/wg/java/20150510_AID_fhirbase.pdf for a copy of the slides, and https://vimeo.com/128125144 for a video)
    • Small presentation about fhirbase - open source storage for FHIR resources in PostgreSQL - why we've made fhirbase, project structure, implementation details and challenges, future project road map.
  8. Medical Coding in Norway using FHIR" (Christer Brinchmann, DIPS, NO, see http://www.hl7.org/documentcenter/public/wg/java/20150510_AID_Medical%20Coding%20in%20Norway%20using%20FHIR.pptx for a copy of the slides, and https://vimeo.com/128067382 for a video of his presentation)
    • DIPS has developed an integration solution for registering medical coding entries using FHIR and Norwegian profiles. External parties are able to add or delete Diagnoses and Procedures for a patient. A profile validator has been written to ensure that incoming resources adhere to the profiles.
  9. Summary and Discussion
    • Discussion of the good and the bad when it comes to FHIR and the FHIR implementation process.
    • Andy: I noticed today, and at earlier connectathons this year, that there is less focus on OAuth and authentication in general. I'm concerned that such an essential component of a real-world solution isn't being tested by more participants. It could be that authentication is contrary to the open spirit if a connectathon.
      • Rene: tomorrow we'll have Eric Poiseau as one of our speakers (the manager / tool creator behind Gazell, a tool that supports IHE connectathons). At some point in time, when FHIR is more mature, we'll need a more formal testing processs, and like IHE, this also means one will have to test the authentication stuff.
      • David: this time around we had 'track coordinators', we're gradually moving towards a more formal connectathon.
      • Andy: we're moving away from exploratory programming, we need more production ready applications, want them to be realistic.
      • David: we just had DSTU2 published, which means the current connectathon is about improving the standard.
    • Paul Knapp: there may be issues with id being the main resource identifier instead of the identifier attribute. DigSig would break if a server assigns a new id, it may break if the identifier changes.
      • Rene: there are some other issues around this focus on id, some of which we learned from todays v2-FHIR transformation track.
  10. FORGE Update - publishing profiles (Michel Rutten, Furore, NL)
    • Michel presented some of the new profile publishing features of FORGE (the #SIMPLIFIER profile editor)
  11. Meeting adjourned at 16:55


Workgroup Date/Time Location Chair/Scribe
AID HL7 User Group 2015-05-11,
13:45-15:00
Paris, FR Chair/Scribe: Rene Spronk

Attendees

  • Rene Spronk, Ringholm
  • Eric Poiseau, INRIA
  • Ron Archamboult, Infor
  • Viet Nguyen, Systems Made Simple
  • Oliver Krauss, Upper Austria University of Applied Sciences
  • Jan Jasinski, Nortal
  • Charles parisot, GE Healthcare
  • Igor Bossenko, Nortal
  • Michael van der Zel, UMCG
  • Bertil Reppen, Apertura
  • Rien Wertheim, Furore

Minutes

  1. Administrative
    • Rene calls to order at 13:55
    • Rene: as per our DMP I'd like to request permission to video record Eric's presentations. No objections were raised.
    • Approval of the minutes of the January WGM in San Antonio, as available at AID 201501 Minutes.
      • MOTION to approve the minutes of the January WGM in San Antonio, as available at AID 201501 Minutes. (Charles/Ron, 6-0-1)
    • Review of the informal minutes of the February out-of-cycle meeting held in Prague, available at AID 201502 Agenda.
  2. Validation of CDA using the Gazelle ObjectChecker (Eric Poiseau, IHE Europe, see https://vimeo.com/127800129 for presentation video, and http://www.hl7.org/documentcenter/public/wg/java/20150511_Eric_Poiseau_objectsChecker_artdecor.pptx for slides)
    • Discussion of the capabilities of this validation tool
    • IHE Europe wrote a paper (entitled: "Model-based Analysis (by IHE Europe) of HL7 CDA R2 Conformance and Requirements Coverage") in which they determine the ability of the various CDA validation tools to support full CDA validation. See Video, academic paper, blogpost about this work.
  3. Approval of the updated Software Implementation of CDA whitepaper
    • MOTION To approve the Software Implementation of CDA whitepaper, acknowledging that its contents reflect the current CDA implementation best practices. The approval will be up for renewal one year from today. (Charles/Ron, 10-0-1)
  4. Use of IHE tooling to support FHIR testing (Eric Poiseau, IHE Services, see https://vimeo.com/127573909 for presentation video)
    • Use of Gazelle tooling, both to support conformance/validation testing, as well as to support the organizational testing process at the FHIR connectathons. FHIR connectathons are getting more structured and organized now that uptake has increased and DSTU 2 has been published. IHE has ample experience in organizing connectathons, where Eric acts as one of the core technical managers.
    • Note (not part of the minutes, added after the meeting was held) - the day after this meeting Eric met with the FHIR leadership, the Gazelle tools will be used during the Atlanta FHIR connectathin for the testing of some of the termininology related resources and scenarios.
  5. Meeting adjourned at 15:10


Workgroup Date/Time Location Chair/Scribe
AID HL7 User Group 2015-05-13,
15:30-17:00
Paris, FR Chair/Scribe: Rene Spronk

Attendees

  • Bertil Reppen, Apertura
  • Andy Stechishin,
  • Hans Buitendijk, Cerner
  • Rene Spronk, Ringholm
  • Michael van der Zel
  • Jari Porrasmaa

Minutes

  1. Administrative
    • Call to order at 15:33
    • Announcements
      • René: An e-vote was held between April 14th and April 22nd, MOTION (by Rene, seconded by Rik Smithies): to approve the project statement as can be found here http://www.hl7.org/documentcenter/public/wg/java/Implementation%20Packages%20PSS%20v02.doc. Tally was done by Andy. Motion carried 4-0-1 (Y/N/Abst).
      • René: the PSS was approved in the FTSD steering division on 2015-05-12. They added the fact that JIC should be informed, there is an ISO effort that may be similar in nature.
    • MOTION to merge projects 550 and 951 Creation of a Set of AID Whitepapers, and for Andy to work with the PMO to merge those. (Andy/Hans, 3-0-0).
  2. Discussion with the Implementers Project Team (Hans Buitendijk, ...) (max 50 minutes)
    • Rene: The Implementers Project Team is a board taskforce (of which AID is not a member) that has been created to explore how HL7 could engage the implementer community. Whilst they are also focused on things like 'adding a new membership category' many of their suggestions are akin to things that AID already does, or things it should perhaps be doing.
    • See their last meeting minutes for details.
    • Hans presents an overview of the activities. We could do in various means to the implementer community. use our standards better. Can they become member? Not just a course, but make ik stick. There were other initiatives, various taskforces and groups (like AID), have a wider focus. Service solutions for implementer comunity,engage impl com as HL7 members. Some things may make it more sticky. Need to create new things as well.
    • target: those that are doing initial software developt, those that do config work
    • multiple communities, by standard(family, e.g. v2/CDA/), or by domain (e.g. immunization, public health).
    • Dave Shafer and Grant Wood are working on the part of the business plan to create an 'online community'.
    • Moving forward, how could AID members contribute to the development of the business plan around engaging the implementation community? AID's help would be appreciated.
      • online community
      • user groups
    • Rene offers to review/author stuff (low participation on calls, however). Andy worries about ability to commit time. Have initial call, see if async cooperation is possible. Any volunteers to work on the 'online community' aspect, Rene has more of an interest in the 'user group' aspect.
  3. Review of the AID SWOT
    • MOTION to approve updated SWOT (Andy/Michael, 4-0-0)
  4. Whitepaper review: List of AID Whitepapers
    • Not discussed due to a lack of time
  5. Projects AID Project List
  6. Adjournement at 16:55
Workgroup Date/Time Location Chair/Scribe
EST, hosting AID 2015-05-13,
19:00-21:00
Paris, FR Chair/Scribe: EST

Agenda

  • Tooling demo, 7-9 pm
  • See agenda of EST for details.


Appendix

AID 20150510.jpg

Attendees of the AID meeting on May 10th, showing Ben Kraufmann as the presenter.

Copyright © Health Level Seven International ® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The reproduction of this material in any form is strictly forbidden without the written permission of the publisher.