201901 CDS Hooks
Submitting WG/Project/Implementer Group
CDS Hooks allow for a very important use of both FHIR and SMART that is outside of the normal transactional flow of data. With CDS Hooks, EHRs can further integrate FHIR and SMART into the workflow with clinical decision support. Over the previous Connectathon tracks, the CDS Hooks project has garnered immense support and interest from a variety of organizations. The CDS Hooks track is now consistently the most attended track at each Connectathon.
Organizing a CDS Hooks track at the January 2019 Connectathon would allow the community to further develop and explore the possibilities with CDS Hooks. Holding another Connectathon track for CDS Hooks will further draw more developers and companies to HL7 and allow the community to work within the FHIR ecosystem. Additionally, the CDS Hooks community has found great benefit from participating in the Connectathons so continuing that participation would be appreciated.
Proposed Track Lead
- Email: kevin dot shekleton at cerner dot com
- Zulip: Kevin Shekleton
- many, many, more
Please sign up in the google sheet!
The CDS Service role provides real-time clinical decision support as a remote service. The CDS Server is invoked on a desired hook and returns the decision support in the form of CDS cards.
The EHR will allow for the registration of interested CDS services on various CDS hooks, triggering each appropriately. The EHR will also display the CDS cards (obtained from the CDS services) to the user.
Beginner Scenario - information card
- Action: CDS Service returns info card, CDS Client (EHR) accepts display info card.
- Precondition: Explore CDS Hooks sandbox
- Success Criteria: CDS Client (EHR) or sandbox displays info card.
- Bonus point: Read Quick Start Guide. CDS Service queries FHIR server while generating card.
- Action: CDS Service returns app link card, CDS Client (EHR) accepts app link card.
- Precondition: N/A
- Success Criteria: CDS Client (EHR) or sandbox displays app link card.
- Bonus point: CDS client generates SMART launch token, SMART app performs SMART handshake with OAuth2 server.
Advanced scenario - suggestion card
- Action: CDS Service returns suggestion card, CDS Client (EHR) accepts suggestion card.
- Precondition: N/A
- Success Criteria: CDS Client (EHR) displays actionable suggestion card.
- Bonus point: N/A
Connectathon Breakout Session
The CDS Hooks Connectathon breakout session will start at 11am (local time) on Sunday during the connectathon in the "Live Oak" room.
Copyright © Health Level Seven International ® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The reproduction of this material in any form is strictly forbidden without the written permission of the publisher.