20170115 FMG FGB WGM

From HL7Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
HL7 TSC FGB/FMG Meeting Minutes

Location: Pecan

Date: 2017-01-15
Time: 12:30 PM
Note taker(s): Anne
Quorum yes
FGB Co-Chair/CTO Members
George (Woody) Beeler x Lorraine Constable x Grahame Grieve Regrets David Hay
x Dave Shaver Ewout Kramer x Lloyd McKenzie (FMG) Calvin Beebe
Wayne Kubick
Members Members FMG Members Observers/Guests
Hans Buitendijk x Brian Postlethwaite x Paul Knapp
Josh Mandel x John Moehrke Brian Pech
observers/guests

Agenda

  • Roll Call
  • Agenda Review
  • Discussion Topics:
    • Report on ballot
    • Plans and priorities for the week
    • Implementation Guides – Publishing
    • Publication Readiness
    • Loading information into the tracker



Minutes/Conclusions Reached

  • Discussion Topics:
    • Plans for the week
      • Want to review timelines with everyone. Timelines are:
        • Reconciliation complete on the 5th
        • Two weeks after that is freeze on substantive
        • Three weeks after is total freeze
      • Various tasks outstanding such as filling out the spreadsheet, warnings in build, putting mappings to workflow in resources, getting tracker issues dealt with. Ken is going to report tomorrow night on importance of withdrawing negatives. Co-chair dinner 5 minute reports are now to be linked to in agenda rather than spoken – how do we feel about that? Group agrees that it would be preferable to have a very short bullet list of actions for the group. Grahame states we’re no longer a side project so it’s not inappropriate to stop having the reports. Idea to ask Wayne to convey the main points.
      • FMG is Q0 tomorrow; in Spain it will go back to FGB
    • WGs of concern with large numbers of items:
      • CBCC – John reports they won’t make progress this week.
      • FHIR-I
      • Structured Documents
      • Pharmacy
      • Vocabulary
      • CDS and CQI
    • Implementation Guides – Publishing
      • Need to reach out to the IGs to see where they’re at in terms of readiness to publish
      • Do we want to publish IGs separately from core? We now have the ability. Shouldn’t require them to be ready with everyone else, but if they are we can publish them.
    • Ballot planning
      • Need to help WGs start thinking about what’s ready for normative within their content.
      • Next ballot: Discussion over balloting mixed normative and STU content. Plan is comments at the end of the year before the freeze, and the May ballot next year. Will adjust based on community feedback in August. Potential issues regarding potentially lower attendance in Cologne. Substantive changes on resources that are a candidate for normative after January 2018 will need FMG approval. Discussion over idea that Connectathon should potentially be an official part of the ballot process.
      • Need people to think this week about reassessing direction and scope for what we want to do with R4 (or whatever the release name is after STU 3).
    • FHIR Product Director Job Description
      • Just published FHIR Product Director job description on the wiki. SGB will take a look at it as they review broad product director role.
    • Connectathon Report:
      • Brian Post notes that the activities at the Connectathon were more intense in terms of doing actual constructive stuff.

Copyright © Health Level Seven International ® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The reproduction of this material in any form is strictly forbidden without the written permission of the publisher.