2017-09-14 FGB FMG WGM

From HL7Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
HL7 TSC FGB/FMG Meeting Minutes

Location: Barcino Gallery 1

Date: 2017-09-10
Time: 3:30 PM
Note taker(s): Anne
Quorum
FGB Co-Chair/CTO Members
x Lorraine Constable x Grahame Grieve David Hay
Dave Shaver x Ewout Kramer x Lloyd McKenzie (FMG)
Wayne Kubick Calvin Beebe x Cecil Lynch
FMG Members
x Hans Buitendijk x Brian Postlethwaite x Paul Knapp
x Josh Mandel x John Moehrke x Brian Pech
observers/guests x Peter Jordan, Tim McNeil, Michael Donnelly, Richard Ettema, Christiaan Knaap, Elliott Silver, Rueben Daniels, Michel

Agenda

  • Roll Call
  • Agenda Review
  • Review items
    • Updated US FHIR Core PSS
  • Discussion Topics:
    • Wrap-up from the week

Minutes

  • Roll Call
    • Several guests; listed above
  • Agenda Review
  • Review items
    • Updated US FHIR Core PSS
      • Group reviews. Noted that there is no March WGM as listed in target dates (3.e.). Discussion that, while US Realm is the sponsor, the work will be done in the WGs. Box 5, project intent, should have IG will be created/modified checked; uncheck revise current standard. Discussion that “standard” is an ambiguous word to use here and should be reviewed by TSC. Should check one of the joint copyright boxes in 5.b. (likely is “no,”unless Argonaut will want joint copyright). In 6.c., there should be more stakeholders listed.
        • MOTION to approve with requested changes: Hans/Paul
        • VOTE: All in favor
  • Discussion Topics:
    • Wrap-up from the week
      • John Moehrke notes that several groups didn’t get credit for balloting STU3 (II, for example). What is the process for determining who is participating in the ballot? Must have a PSS and have done some kind of work.
        • ACTION: Add process for next time
      • John notes that many of his WG’s PSSs were expired or are expiring. Need to remind people to look at their PSSs.
        • ACTION: Anne to go through WGs to see who doesn’t have PSSs for R4 development.
      • John: Security WG is interested in putting together deployment security guidance.
      • John: Media vs. doc reference vs. attachment – this is an urgent issue.
      • Ewout: Feedback at .net and java reference implementations regarding how to run a Connectathon. Will need to discuss the feedback on upcoming FMG call. Need to determine who runs the Connectathon – is it a technical activity, staff activity, etc. Trying to determine who makes the call on if it runs all day on Sunday, for example. Grahame will discuss with staff.
        • ACTION: Anne to add to FMG agenda
      • Ewout: Pharmacy asked about best practices regarding knowing how their resources are being used so they can determine maturity level. Suggestion that participants of application roundtable could register their applications with an application registry. Lloyd states there have been loose plans around that.
        • ACTION: Add mechanisms and guidance to upcoming FMG call.
      • Richard: Looking for more engagement with track leads.
      • Brian Post: Healthcare Directory project is now aligning with R4.
      • Josh: General question in many people’s minds about using FHIR in lab context. Had never heard it mentioned before this week. Discussion over how CLIA would affect development and implementation. Requirements on what data is sent but not how you send it.
      • Paul: FM is doing some focus on coverage – will probably make it a Connectathon focus in January. Also will be starting work on insurance plan resource. Brian Post adds that from the PA side there will be three new resource requests coming in.
      • Peter: asks for feedback on HL7 International Council wiki page listing FHIR artifacts.
        • ACTION: Add to FMG agenda
      • Hans: Reviewed current status of Observation with OO – any challenges to get work done before normative; nothing big noted that would cause them to miss deadlines. The issue with Media may have a ripple effect in terms of relationship with Observation. Have come up with a couple of fixes. Patient may be impacted, as well as attachments, datatypes, and document reference. Trying to evaluate what we have and options to deal with it. Discussion over how it will be managed. John: Media and DocumentReference describe the same thing.
      • Hans: New work starting on blood bank in OO in combination with some other groups
      • Lorraine: CQI/CDS/CIMI – CQI had a slide deck on guidance questions as they mapped to FHIR. Lorraine asked them to make tracker items.
      • Isaac Vetter notes that he's putting together a project on using FHIR Subscriptions to do context synchronization.
      • Lloyd: Have finished spreadsheet that allows QA tracking for most artifacts. No feedback on the quality criteria but we should get some as people try to apply it.
      • Lloyd: BR&R are coming to understand what it means to be the steward of a couple of resources. Looking to be harmonizing definitions. Also talked about how they need to look at things from a different perspective. Lorraine notes that they need to engage with OO on Substance. John notes that CBCC would like to meet with them as well.
      • Grahame: Many more people are looking to put FHIR in their plans. Need to be realistic and not get carried away.
      • Grahame: Many have said they are going to seek community consultation: OO, Imaging, Vocab
      • Grahame: Normative plans – someone said they were told that any new resource going into R4 has to be defined before the draft for comment ballot. Lloyd: It’s supposed to be present in the build for the draft for comment. If they want it to be STU in May, it has to be in draft in December. Not planning to introduce new STU content in September. If timelines are problematic, they can come talk to FMG. If you have STU targeted material it needs to be in the build in some from in December.
      • Grahame will be getting a webmaster for FHIR.org for some pieces, including a registry for usage of FHIR. People will be able to register their usage, publicly or privately.
      • Grahame concerned about Media issue. Should get away from circular discussions and schedule a series of cross-committee calls to manage.
        • ACTION: Set up a doodle poll to determine a good time
      • Grahame: 12 people took the certification and 9 passed. Proving a little more challenging than we’d hoped. Will be reviewing questions for statistics regarding right/wrong rate. IE7 is currently required to take the test – working on a fix.
      • Grahame: Have had a priority on our list from the national coordinator for health IT for the US regarding bulk data access. They are providing support for this task. More information will be forthcoming. Requirement is regarding payer access to data related to clinical care.
      • Grahame: Had a meeting about versioning and will be covering it in Connectathon. Grahame will be working on a white paper on versioning lifecycle management.
      • Grahame: Will be doing the director’s report on the meeting to include community consultations, normative plans, bulk data access, Connectathon plans, tooling/IG infrastructure, new areas in the spec, Board statement, certification, FHIR Foundation.
  • Adjourned at 5:00 pm

Copyright © Health Level Seven International ® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The reproduction of this material in any form is strictly forbidden without the written permission of the publisher.