2017-09-11 FMG WGM

From HL7Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
HL7 FMG Meeting Minutes

Location: Palmero

Date: 2017-09-11
Time: 7:00 AM
Chair: Note taker(s): Anne W.
Quorum = chair + 4 yes/no
Co chairs David Hay x Lloyd McKenzie
ex-officio Lorraine Constable,
Dave Shaver
FGB Co-chairs
. Wayne Kubick, CTO
Members Members Members Observers/Guests
x Hans Buitendijk Brian Postlethwaite x Paul Knapp x Anne W., scribe
x Josh Mandel x John Moehrke x Brian Pech
x Grahame Grieve x Ewout Kramer

Agenda

  • Roll Call
  • Agenda Check
  • Review item
    • Publication Request for HL7 FHIR® Profile: Quality, Release 1 - US Realm (PI ID: 1125)
  • Discussion Topics
    • Plan for ballot in December
    • Connectathon Recap
    • Jira evaluation/requirements
    • Github

Minutes

  • Roll Call
  • Agenda Check
  • Review item
    • Publication Request for HL7 FHIR® Profile: Quality, Release 1 - US Realm (PI ID: 1125)
      • Group reviews. Discussion over whether it is a profile or an IG. Not called an IG in the publication name. Grahame notes 1342 errors in the QICore IG on the build. Should be zero errors to publish as STU; free to publish as draft with errors. Discussion over process of notifying groups when they have high numbers of errors generated.
      • They will need to change their title from Profile to Implementation Guide.
      • MOTION to advise them to work with Grahame fix their errors before it can go to TSC for publication approval: Grahame/Hans
      • VOTE: All in favor
        • ACTION: Anne to notify
      • MOTION that they change the name from Profile to Implementation Guide: Hans/Ewout
      • VOTE: All in favor
  • Discussion Topics
    • Plan for ballot in December
      • Discussed most of it yesterday. Ewout would like a review of the plan with Lloyd. We will ballot as draft for comment in December. Content due in second week of December. Must declare if you’re going to be Normative in R4 before that ballot. No expectation for formal reconciliation but special attention will be paid to the material intended to go normative. May ballot will open in early April; this one will be multiple ballots – one ballot for STU content, more than one that is marked normative. There will be packages based on what we’re comfortable passing or failing as a group. There will be a single publication with multiple ballots. May go out again in September to deal with any substantive change issues with a limited ballot. In principal, if someone wanted to refactor their STU content they could do that as well, but the timeline between conclusion of that ballot and publishing is very short. If things continue to fail in the second normative ballot, then it will remain STU. R4 will be published Nov/Dec 2018 no matter the level of the content.
      • Lloyd will be sending out info to FHIR implementer’s stream today.
    • Connectathon Recap
      • AID voted to dissolve yesterday. They suggested that they hand over to the FHIR Foundation. FHIR Foundation agreed to look at it; it would be a slightly different scope and more linked with the Connectathon. Paul notes that some of the work they were doing still needs to be caught. Paul notes that they need to submit a dissolution request to steering division and then on to TSC.
      • Around 200 people at Connectathon. Will discuss with Mary Ann regarding space in New Orleans. Looking at having an event organizer.
      • Need to notify staff of the breakout rooms/content so they can answer questions. Discussion over large number of first timers and how to orient. Could have key staff wear similar clothing for easy identification. Connectathon permalink on HL7.org and wiki could help. One page handout directing people to the information.
    • Jira evaluation/requirements
      • Was completed. Everything we care about in Gforge can be replicated in Jira. Next step is to determine if everything we do on spreadsheets can be replicated in Jira. Brian asks if they will be coming to EST to discuss – will probably be Wayne. Will be discussed Thursday Q0. How do we marry a tracker based approach with still making sure there is benefit to being a benefactor (doesn’t allow block/consolidated voting). Want to retain the benefit and level of control for benefactors. Second issue is the whole notion of membership – HL7 international has no idea who the affiliate members are, because their privileges come from the affiliate. Not sure if it will all be ready in time for the next ballot. Further evaluation needs to be done and set of requirements needs to go to TSC. Once those are set then tools will be discussed that might meet the requirements, followed by a pilot; any GOM changes would happen after that. Discussion over value of discussing any other tools at this point. Wayne will bring to TSC.Paul noted that just because the product is free, there may be associated costs for hosting and maintenance.
    • Github
      • Currently the content for the specification itself has a version on gforge. Wayne’s long term agenda is to move it. Would like to transfer the content to Git so that we can take advantage of the tooling infrastructure around Github. To move the content to GIt, the main change is that we need to rebuild our own tooling, then work through change control stuff. Grahame will be working on this process as part of contract with ONC with a goal of making it happen at the end of this calendar year. Brian notes that Lorraine mentioned using Github for CIMI as well under HL7 auspices, as well as other things. If you’re involved with an HL7 project using Git you have to get access to it through David Johnson or Grahame. Moving everything that’s not already on to the HL7 controlled Github. Grahame also notes there is a FHIR Foundation Github for some items. Two thing: 1) There is a change process to go through for people moving from Subversion to Git; and 2) If we moved today it would break the build infrastructure. We have to figure out how to move the management strategy into the publication build. Who can commit to the staging site vs. who can make pull requests? We did agree that we would create separate Git repositories for publication forks. Also looking at making the build faster.
  • Adjourned at 8:15 am


Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)



Back to FHIR_Management_Group

© 2017 Health Level Seven® International

Copyright © Health Level Seven International ® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The reproduction of this material in any form is strictly forbidden without the written permission of the publisher.