2017-09-10 FMG FGB WGM

From HL7Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

border="1" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0" | width="0%" colspan="2" align="left" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|HL7 TSC FGB/FMG Meeting Minutes
Location: Palatine A | width="0%" colspan="1" align="left" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|Date: 2017-09-10
Time: 12:30 PM |- | width="0%" colspan="1" align="right"|Note taker(s): Anne |}

Quorum
FGB Co-Chair/CTO Members
x Lorraine Constable x Grahame Grieve David Hay
x Dave Shaver Ewout Kramer x Lloyd McKenzie (FMG)
Wayne Kubick x Calvin Beebe x Cecil Lynch
FMG Members
x Hans Buitendijk x Brian Postlethwaite x Paul Knapp
x Josh Mandel x John Moehrke x Brian Pech
observers/guests x Chris Grenz
x Mary Kay McDaniel

Agenda

  • Roll Call
  • Agenda Review
  • Discussion Topics:
    • Plans and priorities for the week
    • Product Priorities

Minutes

  • Lorraine chairing
  • Discussion Topics:
    • TSC election
      • Austin Kreisler won the TSC chair election yesterday
    • Plans and priorities for the week
      • Need to get confirmation from WGs of what they’re planning to go Normative with.
      • Need to reiterate proposed timeline and that is no intention of slipping; content missed may be addressed in September, and if it misses that it’s locked until R5. Normative content has to be in the draft for comment and then part of the May normative ballot. May be re-balloted in September.
      • Ask WGs to highlight support issues.
      • Discussion over what education may need to be provided to WGs over FHIR normative ballot. Difficult to find things like timelines on the wiki. Could put it on additional resources page of FHIR-I page, which is probably more buried.
      • Workflow changes will be discussed on Monday Q4.
      • Went through a review process of quality criteria changes. No feedback was given. Spreadsheets for recording will be ready this week and will be pointing people towards that.
      • Continuing to work on FHIR registry
      • Committees should review their maturity levels. Should Ken announce the resources that are intended to go Normative at the co-chair dinner? Grahame published a candidate list as part of last report on the FHIR Product Director blog. Lloyd will add a link to the timeline page.
    • Product Priorities
    • Ballot timelines
      • Draft for comment in January, with ballot opening December 22nd.
      • STU/Normative in May. Should we revisit this? May ballot opens April 6, giving only 8 ½ weeks between close of WGM and opening of the ballot. Grahame: National Coordinator is giving us some funding, and it’s clear that they are planning on synchronizing regulatory releases with our publishing late next year. Plan will be to put out what we plan to take Normative as draft for comment in January, discuss in Cologne. Instead of dropping timeline, we would drop things out of Normative. Committees should be clear that it would be a pretty big deal to push the timeline back. If committees are going to struggle then we would like to know early.
      • Hans: The bigger pressure will not necessarily be on the Normative but on the combination of US Core and Argonaut to get the work done. Grahame discussed with Steve Posnack and we have some months after that to get it synced.
      • Lloyd: Do they have a handle on the fact that just because it passes ballot that it’s subject to change? Grahame states that ONC does understand that. May want to highlight that from a publication perspective. Lorraine: Need to have ballot process and tooling in place – does that have any effect on how we’ll do things? Grahame: We’ve agreed to a number of process improvements – will be locking in through October; we’ve agreed that every page will carry a status marker, for example. Lorraine asks about ballot reconciliation process. Grahame would love that process to change but unsure of timelines. Lloyd: Timelines will be moving forward at this meeting.
      • Lorraine: TSC discussed not updating the GOM until after the ANSI audit is done. Josh asks about scope for the next ballot – do we have a way to ask WGs if they need scope reductions to meet the schedule? There could be a followup ballot on the September cycle on the STU content. Discussion over what ONC will need at what time.
      • Lorraine notes that whatever is defined as scope of normative ballot, it passes or fails together.
  • Adjourned at 1:38 pm

Copyright © Health Level Seven International ® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The reproduction of this material in any form is strictly forbidden without the written permission of the publisher.