2017-09-06 FMG concall

From HL7Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
HL7 TSC FMG Meeting Minutes

Location:
https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/279790597

(voice and screen)

Date: 2017-09-06
Time: 4:00 PM U.S. Eastern
Chair: Note taker(s): Anne W.
Quorum = chair + 4 yes/no
Co chairs x David Hay x Lloyd McKenzie
ex-officio Lorraine Constable,
Dave Shaver
FGB Co-chairs
. Wayne Kubick, CTO
Members Members Members Observers/Guests
Hans Buitendijk x Brian Postlethwaite Paul Knapp x Anne W., scribe
x Josh Mandel x John Moehrke Brian Pech
Grahame Grieve x Richard Ettema, Chris Johnson

Agenda

  • Roll Call
  • Agenda Check
  • Minutes from 2017-08-30_FMG_concall
  • Action items
    • Lloyd to put together a draft template for IG proposals and clean up some of the profile proposal template
    • Lloyd to update on turning QA spreadsheet and corresponding wiki pages into WG assessment/reporting tool
    • Josh and Grahame to determine requirements for proposal to manage balloting on Github
    • Paul to take proposal on publishing ballot content on Github/other tools to TSC when available
    • Eric to nudge Lorraine/Claude to come to 2017-08-30 meeting for update on CatalogEntry
    • Anne to add FMG notes section proposal templates
      • Complete
    • Lloyd to discuss ServiceDefinition issues with Bryn
    • John to complete TestReport proposal
  • Discussion Topics
    • San Diego Agenda
  • Reports
  • Process management
  • AOB (Any Other Business)

Minutes

  • Roll Call
  • Agenda Check
    • MOTION to accept: Josh/Brian Post
  • Minutes from 2017-08-30_FMG_concall
    • MOTION to accept: John/Brian Post
    • VOTE: All in favor
  • Action items
    • Lloyd to put together a draft template for IG proposals and clean up some of the profile proposal template
      • Add for next week
    • Lloyd to update on turning QA spreadsheet and corresponding wiki pages into WG assessment/reporting tool
      • Add for next week
    • Josh and Grahame to determine requirements for proposal to manage balloting on Github
      • Add for next week
    • Paul to take proposal on publishing ballot content on Github/other tools to TSC when available
      • Add for next week
    • Eric to nudge Lorraine/Claude to come to 2017-08-30 meeting for update on CatalogEntry
      • Add for next week
    • Anne to add FMG notes section proposal templates
      • Complete
    • Lloyd to discuss ServiceDefinition issues with Bryn
      • Complete. They are looking at getting rid of it.
    • Richard to complete TestReport proposal
      • Richard made updates. Group Reviews. Still needs FHIR-I approval before FMG can approve it.
        • FHIR-I to review and bring back to FMG.
  • Discussion Topics
    • San Diego Agenda
  • FMG
    • Plan for draft for comment ballot in December
    • Connectathon recap
    • Github balloting proposal - brainstorm requirements, next steps. Lloyd notes that Jira may meet the intended outcome of this idea. Josh says it may do so. Josh asks if there is a list of requirements for Jira? Lloyd will be taking time at WG to talk to Karen/Mark regarding changes to fundamental ballot processes, like how block votes are handled, etc. to better allow voting directly using a tracker with no spreadsheets. Most obvious challenge with voting directly inside Github is it wouldn't be tied to HL7's membership database, and the right to vote is what you're paying for. TSC has been clear they want any voting solution to be the solution for all content, and all content won't live on Git. If we can come up with a pleasant way of linking pull requests to ballot items that are also change requests, then we might be able to meet the objective behind this proposal. Brian: One request is to use Github issues for tracking and the other is to use Github source control for the build. David: If we use Jira and Github, the comments could end up in two places. Lloyd: The desire of HL7 is that we use one mechanism for commenting, and they will likely want total control over that mechanism. Question is really - for the content that lives in Github, how easy is it to point people to Jira for comment submission, still integrating with the pull request mechanism of Git. Josh asks, from a governance perspective, what our balloting needs to accomplish. Lloyd: Our desire is to get read of spreadsheets. Will be writing up requirements prior to WGM. Could add integrating with pull request mechanism of Git. Josh: We want to know what it would take to do a small ballot in Github. Lloyd: The TSC's directive is that there is one balloting mechanism for everything for everyone. Decision to continue the discussion in person.
    • Jira evaluation/requirements
    • Connectathon management (David/Brian)
      • ACTION: David to create/post signup spreadsheet for Connectathon
    • FGB
      • Didn't meet this week
    • MnM –
      • Didn't meet this week
    • FMG Liaisons
      • No report
  • Adjourned at 4:50 pm


Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items

2017-09-20 FMG concall


Back to FHIR_Management_Group

© 2017 Health Level Seven® International

Copyright © Health Level Seven International ® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The reproduction of this material in any form is strictly forbidden without the written permission of the publisher.