2017-02-27 FGB concall

From HL7Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
HL7 TSC FGB Meeting Minutes

Location: cGoToMeeting ID: 136-494-157

Date: 2017-02-27
Time: 4:30 PM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Note taker(s): Anne W.
Quorum = Chair plus 2 yes/no
Co-Chair/CTO Members
Woody Beeler x Lorraine Constable Grahame Grieve David Hay
Regrets Dave Shaver Ewout Kramer x Cecil Lynch (ArB) Lloyd McKenzie (FMG)
Wayne Kubick x Calvin Beebe .
observers/guests
x Anne W., scribe
x Mario Hyland
x Pegeen Long

Agenda

  • Roll call -
  • Agenda Review
  • Approve minutes of 2017-02-13 FGB concall
  • Action Item review:
    • Reach out to Grahame on the goals, mission and charter and get his thoughts on what product director does, as well as look at frequency of calls. Then we can look at responsibilities distribution.
    • Anne to go through recent minutes to see if anything has dropped off the parking lot
    • Wayne will follow up to request an interim update for FGB on the FHIR registry project
  • FMG update -
  • Methodology update-
  • Review precepts, associated governance points and risks
  • Next steps: Define and Resource other Governance processes.

Minutes

  • Roll call -
  • Agenda Review
    • Mario would like to add FMM if there is time
  • Approve minutes of 2017-02-13 FGB concall
    • MOTION to approve: Calvin/Cecil
    • VOTE: All in favor
  • Action Item review:
    • Reach out to Grahame on the goals, mission and charter and get his thoughts on what product director does, as well as look at frequency of calls. Then we can look at responsibilities distribution.
      • Add for next week
    • Anne to go through recent minutes to see if anything has dropped off the parking lot
      • Nothing notable was discovered.
    • Wayne will follow up to request an interim update for FGB on the FHIR registry project
      • Wayne did follow up and got a short report. Anne sent to listserve.
  • Discussion
    • FMM levels: Mario states that FMM lives outside of the FHIR spec on the wiki. The levels are reported within the spec, but the model lives outside of versioning of the spec. Not sure how a revision would be managed. Lorraine: That's true all across methodology. Mario: One thing I'm discussing with Grahame is that the concept of FMM and advancement of resources against FMM - would like to request that as resources reach FMM 3 and beyond, they should include some base-level profile test scripts that have been tested at a Connectathon, and three or more organizations have tested. as we scale FHIR implementations across the industry, test scripts become a way that orgs can independently implement FHIR. In addition to the base resources and the base resource profile, there will be other test scripts developed around IGs. Lorraine: FMM levels are defined by FHIR methodology and implemented by management. What was the response there? Mario: People weren't sure a FHIR resource would be testable. FHIR as a standard could benefit from ensuring that the test script resource that we have defined and articulated as part of the base standard has an active role. Suggests adding "testing" to a tab on a resource. Could advance the resource along with testing. Hope is to avoid interpretation. Calvin wonders what the product manager's perspective is on the issue. Lorraine notes that FGB would perhaps have a goal of testability, but we need the perspective of the management and methodology. Mario will forward Grahame's response to Calvin. Mario feels there is an opportunity to do something we haven't done with other standards, demonstrating that testing is an important part of standards implementation, and through that testing, people are making the standard much more implementable. Looking for input and support as appropriate. Lorraine: I'm not opposed but want to hear perspective from Grahame and methodology. Calvin: There's been a push on IGs to have testable processes. Mario: The Argonauts completely missed this point and we're trying to figure out why. Proposals for the Connectathon must include testing. Mario offers to come back to another meeting with a presentation; is also going to visit FMG.
  • Cecil out next time
  • Adjourned at 5:30 pm Eastern

-->

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items


Back to FHIR_Governance_Board

© 2017 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.

Copyright © Health Level Seven International ® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The reproduction of this material in any form is strictly forbidden without the written permission of the publisher.